Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2017, 09:29 PM   #1

Jayco Warranty is WORTHLESS

2015 HT Eagle. 2 year warranty almost up. Country fill issue discussed previously on this forum, Doesn't work as described in owners manual and by selling dealer (before purchase of course). When dealer contacted "manual is generic, your model doesn't do that". Contact Jayco, 2 occasions, 2 different tech "support" people, " I'll find out the solution and get back to you" 2nd try, 6 weeks no word from Jayco. Have owned Heartland, and Rockwood before, NEVER this kind of issue. This will be the one and ONLY, AS IN LAST EVER JAYCO FOR ME.

What good is a warranty that no one, dealer or main company, will honor. Better to post "BUYER BEWARE' on sticker. Unhappy in Colorado, Bob.
BGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGold View Post
2015 HT Eagle. 2 year warranty almost up. Country fill issue discussed previously on this forum, Doesn't work as described in owners manual and by selling dealer (before purchase of course). When dealer contacted "manual is generic, your model doesn't do that". Contact Jayco, 2 occasions, 2 different tech "support" people, " I'll find out the solution and get back to you" 2nd try, 6 weeks no word from Jayco. Have owned Heartland, and Rockwood before, NEVER this kind of issue. This will be the one and ONLY, AS IN LAST EVER JAYCO FOR ME.

What good is a warranty that no one, dealer or main company, will honor. Better to post "BUYER BEWARE' on sticker. Unhappy in Colorado, Bob.
So you waited almost two years to even try the fresh water fill. Then apparently you posted a rant about it, got banned, and then reincarnated yourself as BGold.
The fresh water fill is not rocket surgery, explain your issue and most likely someone will be along that knows the answer.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:50 PM   #3

Jayco Warranty is WORTHLESS

Amen. This guy is a troll. Don't waist your breath. People are fully aware that others take their small issues to the internet and they think they are going to get manufacturers and dealers and potential buyers to feed into their crap. Sick and tired of people pissing and moaning about things from crappy service at restaurants to their water fill won't fill up fast enough. Loved my Jayco BTW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rvguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:01 PM   #4

Its alway the first post, and typicallly the last, where they come on here and bash Jayco. Often I suggest competitors to Jayco who try to smear them. Hope they track these trolls down and sue the hell out of them for slander.

Perhaps if they came on asked a question and then got a reply I may be more accepting of them. Come on and just bash someone I could not care less if you EVER get help with this "issue".

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:52 AM   #5

His rant will not influence any here, i do agree with DanNJanice
Why did you wait 2 years ?
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:11 AM   #6

What is a country fill?

6 Speed Manual
farnik78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:38 AM   #7

My Chevy Suburban won't pull a 5th wheel trailer. Chevy's warranty is worthless!!!!

Uh, no...

Warranties are not designed to change the functional capabilities of the item you purchased.

If your dealer misrepresented the functionality of the trailer then that's unfortunate but ultimately it's a problem with your salesman for misleading you and you for failing to do the due diligence which would have told you never to take a salesman at his word without confirmation. It's not a failure of the trailer itself which would be covered by the warranty.

The good news is that this is a fairly easy retrofit if you're even marginally handy. If you're not, then you can decide if you want pay some "I'm helpless tax" to have a more capable person do the work, live with this life changing major inconvenience, or sell the unit and move on with your life.
John1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:42 AM   #8

I guess the only thing I will agree with is that the manual is pretty vague on a lot of things. I was kind of shocked when I went through the one that we got with the camper that not much was really about our camper and we had to refer to the pile of other manuals that came with it.

In Jayco's defense on this though (since I love playing devil's advocate), it saves them a lot of money. Can you imagine the headache of having to rewrite and republish the manual every time one of their suppliers changed something? They (Jayco) likely don't have any control over product changes year to year of an Atwood stove/oven for instance. Or what if they sub a different model because of supply issues from those suppliers. Are the going to stop production of a camper line because the normal appliance isn't available but they have a pallet of a comparable appliance sitting there? By simply tossing the actual manual in the pouch that came with the product you are getting the most up to date information and can save time and money which then gets passed on to the end user.

As far as country fill. Yeah, who knows what he is talking about. Filling the freshwater tank? On a travel trailer, you hook up a hose to the fill port. Can't really screw that up unless something is disconnected. Don't like how it works on a Jayco and want to swear them off. Good luck at that because all other brands do it the same way. On a 5th wheel this is normally done through valve selections. Guess what, don't like how it is done, kind of like the travel trailer, they are all pretty much done the same way. So you can swear off one brand but odds are you will find the same valves in the next brand. When it comes to these basic systems, there normally isn't that much difference from brand A to brand B.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1928 View Post
My Chevy Suburban won't pull a 5th wheel trailer. Chevy's warranty is worthless!!!!

Uh, no...
~snip
Why not? You must be doing it wrong....

The Automated Safety Hitch | Trailer Hitch | Gooseneck Horse Trailers | 5th Wheel RVs | Flatbed Goosenecks | Fifth Wheel

Not that I would personally do this but people do. I kind of follow the right tool for the job mentality...

However in the military I have had to resort to using a crescent hammer a few times...
Old 05-10-2017, 09:45 AM   #10

Country fill allows you to fill your fresh water tank from your city water connection - At least that's my understanding of it anyway. Agree 100% with the whole Troll aspect of the OP's Rant...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:45 AM   #11

BGOLD

We have a Jayco fifth wheel manufactured 6/15. We bought it new 4/16 and from the start was never able to sanitize the holding tank using the pump. This year I was looking at the valving and found that it was wrong and there was no way you could ever use the pump to sanitize the tank. I change the plumbing and now it works as it should have when it left the factory. If our RV left the factory wrong I am sure it a good chance there are more out there! We took our RV to the dealer and for service and they were unable to repair this problem. I contacted Jayco and to this day have not had anyone from Jayco contact me. My dealer did pay me for the repairs I made to correct the problem. Jim C
thxbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:48 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnik78 View Post
What is a country fill?

In general it's a fill point for the fresh tank. Country Fill indicates there is no pressurized water source to fill the tank and you have to use gravity (i.e. from a jug), an external pump or the TT's pump to siphon the water into the tank.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:52 AM   #13

I just dump a little bleach in the garden hose before we fill the fresh water tanks.Not rocket science but simple and works! Happy Trails
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:38 PM   #14
Site Team

The 2 year warranty was one of the main reasons I bought a Jayco.

I never had a bad experience with Jayco or the dealer.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote