Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2020, 03:17 PM   #1

Jayco warranty is worthless.

JAYCO WARRANTY IS WORTHLESS. They build a nice looking trailer with a lot of great amenities. They brag about their 2-year warranty. We have had furnace, water heater, fireplace, electrical, and slide issues. Warranty is only good if you can take it back to the dealer you bought it from. Other JAYCO dealers around the country want it to be left with them for what would be weeks or even months before they could 'get to it'. A corporate spokesman said that is how their "warranty service works". We could not take it back to the Texas dealer-Texas was on lockdown and we would have had to quarantine for 2 weeks and the dealer would have to have the trailer for two weeks without anyone going in or out before they could look at it. AND one of our slides would not retract so traveling with it partially extended did not seem an option. We had the work done by a local RV dealer who was not a Jayco dealer and submitted the bill to Jayco. They refused to reimburse us. My husband has lung disease (due to uranium exposure while working in the mines) and going to Texas from rural Oklahoma would be life-threatening because Texas is a hot spot for COVID. Jayco spokesperson said that is not something Jayco has any control over. So, just know, if you buy a Jayco (ours was a brand new luxury one and we paid cash) you are on your own if you need to have work done on it.
Judymusuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 03:27 PM   #2

I really don't understand WHY you didn't drive down to dealer here in Tx you purchased from then turned around back to Ok. You living in it or something else ? My Jayco guy has never closed.
Is there no Covid in Ok ?
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 03:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judymusuc View Post
JAYCO WARRANTY IS WORTHLESS. Warranty is only good if you can take it back to the dealer you bought it from. Other JAYCO dealers around the country want it to be left with them for what would be weeks or even months before they could 'get to it'..
You will find many posts on JOF where JAYCO has authorized a mobile tech to do the warranty repairs or even other RV service centers. You have to contact JAYCO first or the manufacturer of the product in question first (furnace, fridge etc) I personally have had warranty work approved (a bad air conditioner) while parked at FORT WILDERNESS and JAYCO paid, but I called them and COLEMAN first. If you use the correct approach they will work with you and reimburse you.
Old 06-25-2020, 03:36 PM   #4

Taking the RV to a local RV dealer could have been OK... BUT...Herein lies the catch.... Like GRUMPY said... You got to get Jayco involved FIRST. Call Jayco customer service, give them the VIN number and send them documentation and pictures. Then explain the situation and if they give you the ok to go to someone else, they will either pay them directly or reimburse you.

When I had warranty issues, my Jayco dealer was an hour drive away but there was a local (non Jayco) dealer 6 minutes from my house. I called Jayco customer service, told them the issues. Sent pictures and documentation. Long story short, Jayco had that dealer fix my issues under Jayco Warranty.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 04:33 PM   #5

You claim there was a slide issue with the slide being partially extended and not able to retract it. for something like that a call to the manufacturers warranty department will normally result in authorization to hire a mobile tech. You will normally have to pay the mobile tech up front and submit the invoice for reimbursement.

Happened to us on our shakedown cruise in the Challenger. The slide got jammed partially extended. Called Thor explained the situation and had a mobile tech out the next day.

Also, a call to Jayco could result in them finding a dealer closer to you that is willing to work with you.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 04:38 PM   #6

The issue isn’t specific to Jayco. The selling dealer will more often than not get you in sooner - they favor their direct customer before others. Add COVID to the mix and all bets are off.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 04:41 PM   #7

Our tech called them.... they refused to talk to him. My husband talked to them. They said we HAD to take it to Texas dealer where we bought it.
Old 06-25-2020, 04:41 PM   #8
Site Team

I wish you had joined us here sooner, maybe we could have helped you as others have already explained the procedure.

We can only advise you to chalk it up as a life lesson. Jayco techs are not the ones who answer the customer service line or authorize mobile techs.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 04:46 PM   #9

My husband talked to a tech at JAYCO who told him to find a local or mobile repair service. Then when we took it to local RV dealer the person on the other end said no one would have authorized this and that person was no longer working for Jayco.
Old 06-26-2020, 10:15 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
You will find many posts on JOF where JAYCO has authorized a mobile tech to do the warranty repairs or even other RV service centers. You have to contact JAYCO first or the manufacturer of the product in question first (furnace, fridge etc) I personally have had warranty work approved (a bad air conditioner) while parked at FORT WILDERNESS and JAYCO paid, but I called them and COLEMAN first. If you use the correct approach they will work with you and reimburse you.
x2 Never had a problem but you have to call first.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:20 AM   #11

x3. Never had a Jayco warranty issue. They took care of everything. CALL JAYCO FIRST NOT YOUR DEALER.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 11:06 AM   #12

The RV industry is a challenge, especially if this is your first RV and you do not understand that this industry is not like the car industry. There are not enough service bays, not enough dealers to service all the RV's, and RV's are more complex then ever. My Dealer, who is a very successful dealer, always is challenged to keep service flowing and they have 28 service bays. Which of course means many people from around the area go there for service. But your comments about the Jayco Warranty being worthless is just not accurate or fair. After 20 months of ownership Jayco replaced our entire roof when just one small section of it failed. They also completed a number of other repairs during the warranty. I understand your frustration, especially while being on the road. Others should learn from the posts above how to deal with warranty issues while traveling. My experience is that when you call the Jayco factory they always respond. For my roof issue, my dealer did have to go to bat for me but in the end, Jayco did the right thing. Even after our warranty has expired I still call Jayco for advice if I need a repair while traveling.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 04:25 PM   #13

Jayco warranty is one of the best. Ask any dealer ad they will tell you Jayco is the best to deal with. Like others have said, don’t be afraid to call Jayco yourself.
I have just hit the end of my 2 year warranty and can say they have covered everything from painting the front cap, air conditioner replaced, slide out topper Replaced, brakes replaced, bathroom vanity replaced, plus other items. Hope she is all fixed now.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 05:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
^X2

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 09:47 PM   #15
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingjw View Post
The RV industry is a challenge, especially if this is your first RV and you do not understand that this industry is not like the car industry. There are not enough service bays, not enough dealers to service all the RV's, and RV's are more complex then ever.
I think this is where part of the issue lies. People expect RV dealers to be as good and efficient as car dealer. Problem is, they're not even close. So people expect the same type of attention to issues and quick service that they get with their cars, then get pissed when they find out how inferior RV dealers are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
x3. Never had a Jayco warranty issue.
Me neither... I've had plenty of issues DURING the warranty period, but never had to deal with Jayco or my dealer about them. I've just fixed them myself, without getting either Jayco or the dealer involved.

I could see, going in, that these RV dealers are really questionable, so I planned from day one to fix my issues myself. I don't have to have multiple phone conversations with the dealer, leave my rig parked for weeks, waiting for the dealer to finally fix the problem.

I also don't have to deal with a drunk technician screwing up more than's already broken. I just walk out to my driveway, and fix the issue the right way, eliminating tons of time, stress and more inferior workmanship.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:36 PM   #16

OP has started 6 posts in the last year with problems seeking info and this Is the first time she has followed up... No other activity. Seems odd to me. Good luck I guess and sorry to hear of your issues....
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 02:40 AM   #17

We know how you feel. For over two years we have had nearly 50 problems on ours. Part of the problem was we believed the person doing the PDI who said he checked stuff he really didn't. I am cripple and appreciate your problems and limitations. I doubt we will buy another RV because of our age. However, we tell anyone we meet, before taking delivery check EVERYTHING, and spend the night in it on their site. Take showers, cook, run DVD, check, check, check. Share your story as well as making a PDI themselves.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 07:55 AM   #18

I, and many I know, have had different experiences with Jayco. First and foremost, you have to pick a good dealer, who will work these issues for you. Last resort is to have a non-Jayco repair facility do the work with prior approval of Jayco. Sometimes you have to reach the right person at Jayco who will make things happen. You’ll know him/her when you talk to him/her.
2015 Equinox, Blue Ox Avanta LX
Bobs A Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 09:35 AM   #19

I bought my Jayco at a remote dealer (about 6 hours away) and then the next spring tried to get into one of the three local Jayco dealers for servicing and getting ourselves established and basically told they couldn’t help us.

I had a lengthy email train with Jayco about it because my really local RV Center (less than a mile away) who was not Jayco affiliated had been giving me excellent service for the past several years and was willing to work on the trailer for regular maintenance and repairs. I finally came to an agreement with Jayco that my choice of repair center was ok, but all warranty work was to be agreed upon before doing the work which I found totally reasonable.

No issues since

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 07:58 AM   #20

I bought my Jayco Embark at RV 1 in Tampa Fl and wasn’t happy with their service so I took it to Lazy Days down the road apiece and they did the warranty work with no problem. By the way they did a great job. Their Sevice man was great.
Danny G is offline   Reply With Quote