Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-15-2019, 08:38 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacotim View Post
We purchased our 2018 Jayco from a private sale. The previous owner purchased the unit new 5/18 and due to health issues sold it to us 11/18. When we purchased I assumed (bad idea) that Jayco would honor the warranty but no they won't. They told me that the warranty is only good for the original owner. We have only had minor issues so far. I think that Jayco is making a mistake here and the integrity of the company could suffer. JMHO
I'd be disappointed to find this out after the fact, too.

However . . . the Jayco two year warranty's primary purpose is to sell new (not used) trailers. Once a new unit is sold the warranty has served its primary purpose. Important to note most of their competitors (with a 1-year warranty) do not have the added cost and overhead of an extra year of warranty. From a financial perspective it seems reasonable that Jayco wouldn't allow the warranty to be transferable. As-is, that extra year of warranty (just to cover the original owner) no doubt costs Jayco a sizable amount of money.
CampNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:33 PM   #22

I purchased a used 2016 Seneca in 2016. I too went through the shakedown process of repairing or finishing what was left undone from the factory. Once the issues exceeded by abilities, I emailed customer service at Jayco to express my frustration. The person that responded was very helpful and authorized dealer repairs for my remaining issues. Be aware that this occurred before Thor was involved. Good Luck
randude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:50 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by erich82 View Post
It's really standard practice in the industry, so the integrity of the company won't suffer (not from a warranty perspective at least). This is probably something you should have looked into before the purchase though, not 5 months after.
Well, I am certainly glad I read these emails from the forum. I had no idea the warranty wasn't transferable, not that we are looking to sell... yet.

And I echo some of the other posters. We took ours back in for a few minor things right after we bought the unit. Thinking back, it was annoying to wait I think 3 weeks for the dinette window shade, the screen door and something else I cannot even recall now to be fixed (or more likely adjusted).
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:04 PM   #24

Warranty Cards

Under this statute, warranty cards do NOT have to be mailed in for the warranty to be in effect. I thought this was the case from what I learned in the course of my law related work, but checked to make sure.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/16/700.7
brandsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:13 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandsberg View Post
Under this statute, warranty cards do NOT have to be mailed in for the warranty to be in effect. I thought this was the case from what I learned in the course of my law related work, but checked to make sure.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/16/700.7
I have talked with a number of parts providers on my rig and will echo what the previous posted stated. The warranty registration cards do not have to be sent in for the warranty to be in effect from my experiences.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:41 PM   #26

In my case, we bought the trailer last fall and in picking it up, couldn't bring it home and had to leave it with the dealer until this past March when we had it delivered.

As we were driving home, I realized that I had forgotten the little package of manuals and warranty cards. I also did not have any of the serial numbers. When the trailer arrived in March, I went through the trailer, grabbed all of the serial numbers and actually registered most online with the manufacturers. Even though it was over 6 months since the date of sale, there was not a single one that said the warranty was not valid during that process.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:06 PM   #27

My previous post about having to go through a Jayco dealer for warranty coverage on the Furrion TV is a recent experience and is ongoing. Initial contact was Furrion customer service, who referred me to Jayco who referred me to the dealer.

Unfortunately I have a more pressing need to have the dealer involved otherwise I'm not sure the TV set is worth a 150 mile one way trip.
Jim Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:37 PM   #28

As Doc stated, Non- Transferable warranty for all RV's that I am aware of. However, There are warranties available through third party entities is you are so inclined to want one. We purchased the extended warranty on our 2017 27.5 RLTS from the dealer. Knock on wood, we haven't had to use it...yet.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:22 PM   #29

You folks are misquoting the KIA warranty. **Moderator Edit**
mike12110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:32 PM   #30

I don't think Jayco is wrong on this. If you want new unit warranty , buy a new unit.
Genrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 06:19 PM   #31
Site Team

This is a more accurate description of the KIA warranty?
----------------------------------------------------------
Are Kia manufacturer warranties transferable?

The original 10-year or 100,000-mile warranty Kia offers to new car buyers is not transferable. However, buyers of used Kia vehicles are able to transfer to a five-year or 60,000-mile manufacturer's power-train coverage, provided the vehicle is still within these limits.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:46 AM   #32

On previous "used" units we purchased extended warranties, including Good Sam for one unit. Good Sam was okay. Where we store our unit they also sell extended warranties & we started purchasing from them. IF we use their service department for the extended warranty, there is no service charge but if we have to have service while on the road, it is supposed to be only $100.

One thing - if parts have to be shipped the owner is responsible for the cost of shipping. We were traveling & found out the cost of having it shipped. We waited until we returned home.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote