Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2023, 03:35 PM   #1

Jayco warranty question (sorry long)

Hello all,

I have a question someone who might have already gone donw this rabbit hole can answer for me.

The situation:
(back ground)
in Octomer 2022 while camping it was a hot day and temp inside the TT started rising. I figured that my second GE 15K had broken. Turned out that is was freezing up and once the frost was eliminated it functioned and maintained the tempeture. It was taken to the "Jayco authorized warranty dealer" several times but they could not duplicate the issue. That was due to 3 reasons. ! because it would only freeze up when HOT and usually some time after 5 pm! and @ because im sure they just did not put in much effort to keep an eye on it as the are slamed with service work. # 3 it has to be hot enough for the ac to struggle and run long between cycles and since this issue started in October hot weather was not avaliable much.

So with the end of the 2 year jayco warranty on May 22 2023 i was watching the weather forcast for hot and wouldnt you know it we have a mild rainy spring. So finally I see hot weather in the forcast and take in the TT on May 18th, and they put a tech on it while im there and we get a freeze up.

Problem and question finally:

Jayco is denying coverage because the paperwork from the dealer didnt get to Jayco on time! is this really how it works? I know with cars if you get it in to the dealer with a problem that is under warranty on the last day with just 1 mile left and it takes 3 weeks for the dealer to get to look at it it is still covered because it was in on time.

please if someone has the answer I'm all ears.

Thank You
Old 06-05-2023, 03:49 PM   #2

I'm a little confused on what the "warranty issue" would be on a freeze up. Also the warranty would be with GE since the components are covered by the specific product manufacturer and that is stated in the owner's manual and on GE's web site.

https://www.geappliances.com/applian...-15k-ARC15AACB

Warranty
GE Appliances provides warranty coverage for 2 years on products and parts
Old 06-05-2023, 06:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post

https://www.geappliances.com/applian...-15k-ARC15AACB

Warranty
GE Appliances provides warranty coverage for 2 years on products and parts
And, I'm betting it is from date of manufacture or installation. Probably not when you purchased the RV.
stinger608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 10:56 AM   #4

I just posted a similar situation on Jayco denying a warranty claim made to the dealer within 2 years of delivery, but not addressed by the manufacturer until sometime later. see https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...it-102037.html . In my case, it is upholstery failure.

No resolution yet - Jayco insists they did not receive the information until 'too late'.

If you find resolution, please share.
SamJ is offline   Reply With Quote