Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I priced that under counter filter and it is way to expensive. I removed it. I was already using a whole house filter which is much less $$$ for the replacement elements.

I am in the process of installing the filter permanently inside the water docking compartment.
I take it that the under counter filter canister that came with your camper was not the standard 10" universal canister? The 2012 Eagle has a standard canister and I get filters at Walmart.

2012 321RLTS Eagle
2011 F350 CC SB
dzwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzwiss View Post
I take it that the under counter filter canister that came with your camper was not the standard 10" universal canister? The 2012 Eagle has a standard canister and I get filters at Walmart.
That is correct. There is a strip of hose in its place. The filter I bought is one of those universal canister ones (have seen them everywhere). But after reading this thread I think I will be upgrading to a dual-stage filter. Not sure where I will put it. The water compartment is a little tight in the MH...at least that is my newbie opinion.

And earlier you mentioned an accumulator tank (and heard it mentioned in a plumbing thread)...what are they for?

Thanks for everyone's opinion. I was going to contact a Jayco dealer for a replacement for the under the sink one, but it sounds like it is expensive and probably not as good.

NoRegrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRegrets View Post
And earlier you mentioned an accumulator tank (and heard it mentioned in a plumbing thread)...what are they for?
An accumulator tank evens out the cycling of the pump. It has no benefit when hooked up to city water, but when using the pump it lengthens each pump cycle while decreasing the number of cycles. Sometimes, like when rinsing dishes at a low water volume the pump seems to hammer on and off. An accumulator tank lessens this.

2012 321RLTS Eagle
2011 F350 CC SB
dzwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:48 PM   #14

Thanks!

NoRegrets is offline   Reply With Quote