Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-11-2014, 01:18 PM   #1

Jayco White Hawk 29REKS

Hello all,

My wife and I currently own a Kodiak 172E, it is a small hybrid trailer that has served us well but is getting way too small. We have been shopping for months now and I think we have finally settled on purchasing a Jayco White Hawk 29REKS Summit Edition. None of the dealers around us have one on the lot but we did see one while camping in Florida this past weekend. I am very nervous about jumping to a larger camper because I have read several horror stories about TT.

First concern is that I have a 2014 F-150 Eco boost I know this trailer can come in around 7000 lbs...I have concerns if the truck will have the ability to pull the trailer comfortably.

Second concern is since I have never owed a Jayco I really have no idea as to the quality of the trailers. The person I spoke to in Florida was very pleased with his purchase which did make me feel a little more comfortable.

Any comments concerning these two concerns would be greatly appreciated and thank you all for ahead of time.
mikejrfan23665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:53 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the group!!

As to your concern about quality. I have owned a few different brands they may all have there problems. The great thing about Jayco is that they have a two year warranty v/s one year of the competition.
A good dealer is your freind, check online reviews.

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:58 PM   #3

We have this same trailer and are thrilled with it. There's a surprising amount of living space, especially when it's only two of us and a small dog.

You should be fine with the F-150. The yellow sticker has us at just under 7,000 lbs empty, so once loaded up you'll probably be closer to 7,500. We pulled almost 5,000 miles, including a trip from MA to MN, with a Tundra this year and had no issues whatsoever. I did add a Roadmaster Active Suspension to the truck and that helped tremendously in smoothing out the ride.

We have no complaints with the quality of our TT either - only a couple of minor issues (e.g. broken window shade) that were taken care of by warranty.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:38 PM   #4

Make sure you check the yellow sticker on the driver's door on your truck so you know how much payload you have available. This will be the limiting factor of your truck, not the tow rating or horsepower. If the trailer weighs 7500 lbs loaded I would expect the tongue weight to be at least 1000 pounds. Add the weight of your truck's occupants and any gear in the bed plus about 100 lbs for the hitch. If it totals up to less than your payload capacity on the truck you're good to go.
andrewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:14 PM   #5

We have a 2014 29REKS and love it. Having slides on both sides will give you so much extra space. We also had a hybrid before buying this model. This is our 2nd new Jayco and have been very happy with the quality of both. Having a full two year warranty is great.