Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-16-2022, 10:17 AM   #41

OK so took my rig in for warranty work 12/6, tablet, awning, recall on gas valves, missing molding in shower. Dealer said that since I didn't buy from them (Camping World) I can only fix three things per visit. 81 miles away one way. Service advisor tried to say right off the bat that awning was wind damage. Ended up determining awning was not installed correctly from factory. At the end of the day they are fixing, replacing everything and will call me to go back when all parts are in. And as others have said, you end up fixing things yourself instead of hauling a trailer around 160 miles. Looks like I dodged a Jayco bullet this time around.
armentaaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 11:50 AM   #42

I’m having the same reboot issue. BMPRO stated I need a new tablet but trying to get one through jayco is a joke. I found an android quad core tablet with the same dimensions, where do I get the BMPRO software from?
Psaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 11:50 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmikal View Post
It's doubtful that it needs replaced. The issue is a dead tablet battery combined with a weak or slow charging system that is providing external power to the tablet. The "boot loop" is caused by the tablet trying to automatically and continuously start up, which uses maximum processor power, which puts a big load on the dead battery, which isn't sufficiently charged to handle the processor load combined with a weak charging circuit that can't "juice" the battery quickly enough to allow the tablet to start.

Jayco/BMPro has modified the Android boot sequence to immediately and automatically try to start the tablet and load the BMPro software after a power failure so the user doesn't need to do anything. In theory, it's a good idea.....until you kill the tablet battery, then it becomes a horrible idea. The auto-reboot software modification essentially disables the on/off button so you can't shut the tablet off to allow it to charge the battery enough to run the tablet during bootup.

How do I know this? Because I took a standard off the shelf $40 tablet, and loaded the BMPro software on to it, and the Google Play version of the software does not modify the boot sequence. My standard tablet still acts like a standard tablet. I can turn it on and off. I can turn the BMPro software on and off. There is no auto-reboot on the Google Play download version.

If you get a really beefy charger that supplies 1.5 amps (1500ma) or more, and keep your tablet plugged in for several hours, maybe even overnight, it will eventually charge the battery enough to overcome the boot loop. If a 1.5 amp charger doesn't do the trick, use a bigger one (2 or 3 amps). The charging circuit in your trailer does not supply enough power to charge the battery in the tablet quickly enough to overcome the instantaneous power draw on bootup when the battery is 100% dead.

The real solution to this problem would be for Jayco to provide a more robust charging circuit to the tablet, which we both know, they won't do.

If you want to avoid the problem in the future, find a generic tablet that fits in the bezel, download BMPro on to it, and install the tablet back on to it's mounting bracket. BTW, the little hole in the bezel, commonly referred to as the "reset button", is nothing more than a hole that allows you to depress the power button on the side of the tablet. It's worthless for this situation since the tablet is already doing continuous resets all by itself.

The buttons underneath the tablet are a completely separate circuit board that communicates directly with the trailer. This circuit board feeds information to the tablet through the USB connector on the tablet (along with power to the tablet). You can remove the tablet and the buttons will still work, since the buttons connect directly to the trailer.
I’m having the same reboot issue. BMPRO stated I need a new tablet but trying to get one through jayco is a joke. I found an android quad core tablet with the same dimensions, where do I get the BMPRO software from?
Old 01-12-2023, 12:02 PM   #44

Just go out to the google play store on the tablet and download the BMPro/JayCommand software and install. You will need to pair with the node but that should be all you need to do.
Old 01-12-2023, 12:24 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC_AZ View Post
Just go out to the google play store on the tablet and download the BMPro/JayCommand software and install. You will need to pair with the node but that should be all you need to do.

Thanks. We have apple devices and keep getting firmware update messages but when we try to update it shows error. Tried the whole disconnect from shore power, disconnect battery, wait 30 seconds then reconnect everything to no avail. Hopefully this works.
Old 02-15-2023, 02:57 PM   #46

Bm pro dead non working android

My Jayco Fifth wheel bm pro control pad died after only 2 years and 6 months, thus no warranty. Called dealership where I purchased unit, sorry it is going to cost 650 dollars for new android unit. Called bm pro they said 850 dollars. Save yourself a pile of money, fix it yourself. Easy fix. Unit will split at the seam, when open you will find a foil wrapped battery packet. It is taped to the metal backer plate that covers the circuit board. Take old credit card or old gift card. Slide along between the pack and metal placing slight pressure on pack. Cut the red and black wires close to battery pack. Most old cell phone batteries or you can order one on Amazon for around 19.00 dollars, solder the new battery is place. Red to red, black to black. Tape in place, replace back reinstall in trim , you just cleared around 625 to 825 dollars. Mine is working fine now.
MisterRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 08:45 AM   #47

Hi I did the same, but do you know if I can get the iCloud BMPRO from the app on my IPad?
This way I could control when we’re away. Thanks for the input
Florida2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 10:33 AM   #48

I dont have a newer iPad to test from so I have never tried it. But I would think you could.

As a trial close the JayCommand app on the OEM tablet and then make sure the iPad had internet access and start the app on it. See what happens.. try connecting from a phone away from the trailer. If you do try this let us know as that would be a great backup!
Old 03-13-2023, 04:48 PM   #49

I have a 2022 Jayco Eagle HT 284 BHOK trailer. I came out the other day, plugged into power, and the Command center came on! But when I selected "motors", none of them would respond (Slide, awning, jacks, etc.). I do have my batteries removed and the battery switch OFF. I made sure the battery cables are taped up so there wouldn't be any shorts.

Do you need to have your batteries connected and the battery switch in the "on" position for the motors to work?
Andy2022Jayco284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 05:27 PM   #50

battery switch has to be on for motors...probably need battery too...but may work with the just the battery switch on and plugged into power...if the converter has enough power to run motors with out a battery installed.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 10:53 PM   #51

I have it on my Ipad and it works
armentaaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 08:16 PM   #52

Bumping this thread, because I don't want to lose this information.

Currently our unit is at the dealer, maybe getting a replacement tablet, because our service is going to try, since there's issues.

But, with that being said, I did a little more digging into this tonight, and I found this fabulous link on how to enable / disable autoboot on Android devices:

If I'm reading this post correctly, the command that he issues to the tablet is as follows:

"fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0", which indicates that it will NOT charge while it is plugged IN and turned "off". However, this mode also puts it into that boot-loop that we all know and love, so, while it's "off" for those few seconds before it's booting, it is NOT charging, and the ONLY time that it IS charging is when the screen is on. I'm hypothesizing that this is the reason that it takes so long to come out of the boot loop, because it is ONLY charging when the screen is on.

BUT, the next problem that we have with our beloved BMPro system, is that we don't have great access to the power button. If we were to disable this setting in the tablet (if it even helps), when the tablet runs out of power, you will need to be able to physically turn it on with the power button.

I'd be willing to try this on ours, if it happens to ours again, but I don't have the unit here, and I'm hoping that ours gets replaced under warranty, which probably still does not ultimately fix the issue.

I wanted to share this information with the group, and add it to this post, so that I don't lose it, in case I need it in the future...

PS: I don't know if Linux is the only way to accomplish this or not, nor do I know if the bootloader on the tablet is locked. If it is locked, that's another process to get it unlocked first. This fix/change would probably not be for the faint of heart, for sure...
Old 03-21-2023, 09:03 PM   #53

Isn't the reset hole on the bezel used to push the power button on the tablet?

What it really needs is...when 12 volt power is turned off...which will stop the charging of the tablet...it shuts down.

When 12 power is turned back on then the tablet restarts automatically once the battery is charged to a certain level.

The Apple products iPhone/iPad have that protection... if you drain the battery all the way...it will not auto restart until it charges up a few percent.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 09:35 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post

What it really needs is...when 12 volt power is turned off...which will stop the charging of the tablet...it shuts down.

When 12 power is turned back on then the tablet restarts automatically once the battery is charged to a certain level.

The Apple products iPhone/iPad have that protection... if you drain the battery all the way...it will not auto restart until it charges up a few percent.
Others have indicated that the reset hole is the power button, but I have not verified that. While "available", not ideal as a power button.

I have also thought about your idea of 12V (probably 3.7V power) to the tablet, like directly wired to the battery terminals, with the battery removed. Then, you could leave the autoboot in there, and never have to worry about it again. I wonder if that would .make the tablet get hot or over power it all the time???
cadman_ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 03:29 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman_ks View Post
Others have indicated that the reset hole is the power button, but I have not verified that. While "available", not ideal as a power button.

I have also thought about your idea of 12V (probably 3.7V power) to the tablet, like directly wired to the battery terminals, with the battery removed. Then, you could leave the autoboot in there, and never have to worry about it again. I wonder if that would .make the tablet get hot or over power it all the time???

It is my understanding that the reset hole acts as a restart button and will not shut it down
Old 03-22-2023, 03:45 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2022 View Post
Hi I did the same, but do you know if I can get the iCloud BMPRO from the app on my IPad?
This way I could control when we’re away. Thanks for the input
Quote:
Originally Posted by armentaaw View Post
I have it on my Ipad and it works

As armentaaw said, it works fine, just download BMPRO from the store to your Ipad. The issue remains, however, that if the tablet in the camper goes bonkers, then you will not be able to connect via the cloud. It is no different than the App on my Android cell phone. They will both work just fine via Bluetooth at that point. My tablet just returned from vacation after 36 hours or so, no cloud connection. Our camper is here at the farm, so I can walk to it and verify what is happening.
Old 03-22-2023, 05:23 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
It is my understanding that the reset hole acts as a restart button and will not shut it down
Yes, that's true, the way that it is currently configured from BMPro. There is actually no way to turn it off. If one could apply the fix / change that I linked in the video above, then you would need a way to turn it on after the tablet battery is dead, because it won't try to start itself automatically...
Old 03-22-2023, 05:32 AM   #58

I need to read this video, may be to intimidating unless you are a techie, lol.
Old 03-22-2023, 06:13 AM   #59

I've had mine apart for a new battery and the reset hole does operate the power button on the tablet. I'm trying to remember but I think the power button's ability to turn the tablet on and off has been disabled. I'm not exactly sure what function it has. I've been using the lower buttons (of/ext) to shut it down but I don't think it goes completely off. When it hit the 1 button to turn on all the lights it comes back to life.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 06:32 AM   #60

I Have the replacement battery in my Amazon wish list, in case it dies after going off warranty. I imagine it shouldn't be to hard to solder it in place.