Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-22-2023, 07:02 AM   #61

Luckily, I keep power all the time on the RV...probably the best course of action right now....if you have that luxury and I don't have to winterize in the south.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 07:12 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
Luckily, I keep power all the time on the RV...probably the best course of action right now....if you have that luxury and I don't have to winterize in the south.

I keep 50Amps 24/7 and it has not been a panacea, but agree it is probably the best solution going. I do wonder if BMPRO is updating these tablets as it has to be costing them money to replace them
Old 03-22-2023, 08:28 AM   #63

Just got my rig back with new tablet. Mine failed due to battery expanding. Works fine now but I will say, during the summer months, I will pull it out of the rig and keep it home. 110-115 degree days probably don't help it.
armentaaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 08:37 AM   #64

Good video info.
armentaaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 02:20 PM   #65

Ok what I did that may or may not fix everyone's issue is the following.

NOTE: While it's ridiculous, know that Jayco will likely NOT honor a warrantee replacement if they know you did what Im about to describe. But they will never know...if you don't tell them. And if it fixes your issue, i was an easy FREE fix. Do NOT use any tools, just your fingers. And if the following doesn't work, apply for warrantee repair and never mention ehay you tried.

So with that one caveat in mind:

1. Remove tablet from panel, and unplug it. BE CAREFUL not to lose the plug down into the wall.

2. Looking at it from the back, GENTLY push from underneath until the side of the tablet that ISN'T under the green board is sticking up enough to remove the plug on the short side. NOTE: The other end of that plug goes into the green board...DON'T remove that one.

3. Once unplugged, gently slide the tablet the rest of the way out of the plastic bracket.

4. Use a USB Micro (not USB-C) charger from a mobile phone or tablet to charge the tablet. If you get it about 25% charged that is fine.

5. Before putting it back into the bracket remember to turn the tablet on with the side button...you can't access that once it's in the bracket.

6. Once back together, remount on the wall with the 4-prong connector.

7. If this is the start of your season, remember to (a) turn your battery kill switch back on, and (b) turn your inverter back on, or the tablet will just die again.

Sam_the_Eagle (2022 Eagle 284BHOK)
Torklift Stable Loads
Thule Range 4 bike rack
Sam_The_Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 08:11 PM   #66

You can remove the tablet from wall, open it up and replace battery. You can find the battery on Amazon. This information was given to me when I had same issue.
Vfoote3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 04:33 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_The_Eagle View Post
Ok what I did that may or may not fix everyone's issue is the following.

NOTE: While it's ridiculous, know that Jayco will likely NOT honor a warrantee replacement if they know you did what Im about to describe. But they will never know...if you don't tell them. And if it fixes your issue, i was an easy FREE fix. Do NOT use any tools, just your fingers. And if the following doesn't work, apply for warrantee repair and never mention ehay you tried.

So with that one caveat in mind:

1. Remove tablet from panel, and unplug it. BE CAREFUL not to lose the plug down into the wall.

2. Looking at it from the back, GENTLY push from underneath until the side of the tablet that ISN'T under the green board is sticking up enough to remove the plug on the short side. NOTE: The other end of that plug goes into the green board...DON'T remove that one.

3. Once unplugged, gently slide the tablet the rest of the way out of the plastic bracket.

4. Use a USB Micro (not USB-C) charger from a mobile phone or tablet to charge the tablet. If you get it about 25% charged that is fine.

5. Before putting it back into the bracket remember to turn the tablet on with the side button...you can't access that once it's in the bracket.

6. Once back together, remount on the wall with the 4-prong connector.

7. If this is the start of your season, remember to (a) turn your battery kill switch back on, and (b) turn your inverter back on, or the tablet will just die again.

Sam_the_Eagle (2022 Eagle 284BHOK)

Lol, you have obviously not read the many threads here on the subject here, and one that has almost been beat to death. I prefer to take off the two screws on the green board and flip it out of the way. It is attached to a ribbon cable and will not be removed. This I believe reduces stress in that named area while trying to remove from the top of the bezel and makes it much easier to remove from bezel. When charging with the USB C cable, fully charge, why 25%? Depending on where this battery's condition is, it may not come back at all and require a new tablet, or battery replacement to the old one. If under warranty, obviously request a new one. Some folks have also come up with other generic tablet solutions with varying rate of success. There is not an on/off side button, at least not on the 2021 or older models, but the two volume buttons, inaccessible in normal operation, and the reboot/restart button accessed through the small pinhole in the bottom. The community here seems to believe BMPRO somehow disabled the on/off function. Once you plug it back in the camper, it will, if battery recharged, come back on its own. Some of us maintain power to the camper 24/7, and still lost the tablet for various reasons, mainly dealer/outside folks working on the camper and running the batteries low. I have found so far, that dealers are very uninformed on the operation of these tablets, I believe they started using them in 2021, but can't be sure. My dealer has a 2020 Pinnacle without the tablet, and their solution is to replace them under warranty. If you dig further in here, once the battery gets low enough, it goes into a charging sequence, seen as a BMPRO logo screen, followed by a charging battery icon. This sequence repeats itself, and we call it the boot loop sequence, as it gets stuck here and never restarts. Some members believe this is due to an inadequate charging circuit, a BMPRO flaw? and why it needs to be removed and charged with a wall charger. A good friend is on the way to Alaska from Tampa with a totally dead tablet, and using the hard wired buttons and the phone App to control his Pinnacle functions. His dealer will replace once he returns.

BTW, my dealer knows mine has been off the camper and recharged three times, and has ordered me a new one.
Old 04-23-2023, 07:37 AM   #68

1. I caveated with "here's what I did," and in no way said mine was the only, or best method.
2. I stated my model is 2022 production, which absolutely DOES have a power button on the side.
3. The tech guy at the dealer I bought from absolutely DID explicitly tell me not to mention the steps I took to Jayco, if it didn't work and I resorted to warrantee replacement.

Sam_the_Eagle
Torklift Stable Loads
Thule Range 4 bike rack
Sam_The_Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 07:49 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_The_Eagle View Post

3. The tech guy at the dealer I bought from absolutely DID explicitly tell me not to mention the steps I took to Jayco, if it didn't work and I resorted to warrantee replacement.

It's funny that you mentioned this, because I would have done the exact same thing, not told them.

But, we just picked ours up last week, with the same issue, and the tech told us to take the tablet off and charge it it with a more powerful charger!! Those were his words! I admitted that I had done such a thing the last time that the tablet would not start, and he nodded in agreement.

At the end of the day, the auto-start feature that BMPro put on there is the real culprit, which I believe that we talked about earlier in this thread. The tablet actually boots pretty quickly, so setting it up with an actual power button that you had to hit to turn the system on would be a better solution all the way around...
cadman_ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 08:11 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman_ks View Post
It's funny that you mentioned this, because I would have done the exact same thing, not told them.

But, we just picked ours up last week, with the same issue, and the tech told us to take the tablet off and charge it it with a more powerful charger!! Those were his words! I admitted that I had done such a thing the last time that the tablet would not start, and he nodded in agreement.

At the end of the day, the auto-start feature that BMPro put on there is the real culprit, which I believe that we talked about earlier in this thread. The tablet actually boots pretty quickly, so setting it up with an actual power button that you had to hit to turn the system on would be a better solution all the way around...

X2, except Sam The eagle says his absolutely has a power button on his '22. Perhaps they have improved, and if so, maybe I will get one of them when mine gets replaced, but I have little faith in BMPRO. In the early days of all of these related threads, a few of us that pursued this issue with the company were told to simply call your dealer for a replacement tablet and never a mention of trying to fix it. Member Learjet has also posted a method that he says shuts the tablet using the hardwired buttons, and I have tried it once and it seems to have worked fine. Others have not had such luck. The present onboard charging system seems to be a weak link
Old 05-06-2023, 06:36 PM   #71

The following is a puzzel I had to solve on my trailer you might get a kick out of: I have had a weird problem with my BMPRO control system] on the trailer. All the physical buttons worked that allowed for basic light, slides and awnings worked but the main screen has been stuck in a cycle of lighting up with a "Android powered" symbol and going black every 10-15 seconds. I was able to connect using my phone with Bluetooth so we could run our heating, water heater etc, but no WiFi, on the trailer control panel, interaction was impossible. Lots of reading later, including this thread, I found out the problem was the built in tablets battery was probably completely dead and some weird programming specifically added to the start up meant it took more power than was being delivered to the tablet without any internal battery to finish its start up process. Even rebooting would not help as essentially that's what it was doing and stuck in as a loop. The solutions proposed all involved new tablets, dealers etc. I fixed it! I removed the control panel, disconnected the wiring. Took apart the control panel, removed a circuit board, removed the usb wiring to the tablet and extracted the tablet. Then I plugged the tablet into a standard USB power wire. The tablet had a side power button and volume buttons. Then I experimented with different combinations of buttons, holding them for around 20 seconds and triggered a black screen with reboot options. After trying some of the options, I found one that worked! I let things charge up a bit, put everything back together and it all works. Man, this feels good!!
JayUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 03:03 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayUnit View Post
The following is a puzzel I had to solve on my trailer you might get a kick out of: I have had a weird problem with my BMPRO control system] on the trailer. All the physical buttons worked that allowed for basic light, slides and awnings worked but the main screen has been stuck in a cycle of lighting up with a "Android powered" symbol and going black every 10-15 seconds. I was able to connect using my phone with Bluetooth so we could run our heating, water heater etc, but no WiFi, on the trailer control panel, interaction was impossible. Lots of reading later, including this thread, I found out the problem was the built in tablets battery was probably completely dead and some weird programming specifically added to the start up meant it took more power than was being delivered to the tablet without any internal battery to finish its start up process. Even rebooting would not help as essentially that's what it was doing and stuck in as a loop. The solutions proposed all involved new tablets, dealers etc. I fixed it! I removed the control panel, disconnected the wiring. Took apart the control panel, removed a circuit board, removed the usb wiring to the tablet and extracted the tablet. Then I plugged the tablet into a standard USB power wire. The tablet had a side power button and volume buttons. Then I experimented with different combinations of buttons, holding them for around 20 seconds and triggered a black screen with reboot options. After trying some of the options, I found one that worked! I let things charge up a bit, put everything back together and it all works. Man, this feels good!!

Lol, I am glad you have reinvented the wheel, and more importantly, your tablet is working. There are multiple threads on the subject here, and not all involve new tablets/dealers. The best one, with the most probability of longer term success, without replacing the tablet, involves going a step further than you did and opening the actual tablet shell, cutting the old battery out and soldering a new one in. I don't know what caused yours to lose charge, typically it involves power being out to the camper and slowly draining the battery and then going in the "boot loop" you discovered. There is no guidance from BMPRO on turning it off and saving the battery. Member Learjet has discovered a button combination that appears to actually turn it off. Mine is off right now as it went in the boot loop sequence again a few days ago, and his procedure appears to remove some of the charging issues and allows it to restart. The bad news is that it will keep on happening again, as the problem seems to be that the battery goes bad/weak after discharging, and will probably never be the same again. I know when mine was discharged at the dealer performing warranty work, and has never been the same. I have recharged at least 3-4 times off the camper, so this is not a permanent solution, and BMPRO has not been helpful at all. Good luck
Old 05-07-2023, 03:55 AM   #73

Good information

Thank you for adding this reply and considerations. I've had the good luck so far of things holding over a few days but that is while connected to shore power and with a fully charged coach battery. The BMPRO tablet has not had its internal battery tested. It is so nice to have things working but would be very nice to solve the original problem. Do you think by selecting the different boot command as I did this might hold for future dead battery start ups? Maybe we can hope for a firmware upgrade?
Old 05-07-2023, 04:13 AM   #74

Please post your boot commands. You may be up to something. There have been some updates but obviously no solutions yet to my knowledge. BMPRO has not been, in my humble opinion, very forthcoming with this issue. Telling us to contact the dealer for a replacement is not a good answer, unless you are under warranty.

BTW- mine has always been powered, either 50A shore power, or connected to the Towing vehicle or solar power, and still loses charge
Old 05-07-2023, 04:52 AM   #75

Boot commands

I experimented holding the tablet power and volume up (or down) buttons at the same time for about 20 seconds until the boot command options came up. (Very small print on a black screen.) There will be three options, Something like: fast, normal and I can't remember the third. I was able to move through the selection with one volume control and select with the other. Sorry, I can't remember which worked. The process of trial and error was quick and easy once I sorted out the buttons that took me to these options when the solution was found I was so elated I just put everything back together, documentation came as an afterthought. Sorry!
Old 05-07-2023, 04:59 AM   #76

Long term

I am thinking I will remove the whole panel when packing up for the winter and plugging the tablet in until the spring.
Old 05-07-2023, 05:21 AM   #77

Anyone have photos on removing the tablet from the wall mount?
Vfoote3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 05:51 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayUnit View Post
I experimented holding the tablet power and volume up (or down) buttons at the same time for about 20 seconds until the boot command options came up. (Very small print on a black screen.) There will be three options, Something like: fast, normal and I can't remember the third. I was able to move through the selection with one volume control and select with the other. Sorry, I can't remember which worked. The process of trial and error was quick and easy once I sorted out the buttons that took me to these options when the solution was found I was so elated I just put everything back together, documentation came as an afterthought. Sorry!

Cycle the hard buttons below to "OF" then press "EXT", it will power down.This is what member Learjet suggests. You might try it
Old 05-07-2023, 05:55 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vfoote3 View Post
Anyone have photos on removing the tablet from the wall mount?

Pull from the bottom. It takes some pressure. Then remove and unplug from the wall. Be sure not to let the wire/plug to fall behind the wall or you will be fishing for it
Old 05-07-2023, 06:18 AM   #80

Removing BMPRO Panel

My panel has two small tabs you have to push in as you pull from the bottom out. The tabs are on the bottom edge, left and right, near the sides. You may have to use a tool, my fingers had a hard time fitting in that area.