Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-13-2015, 03:11 PM   #11

Price I posted is under the options list of the Jay Flight trailers. You will probably need to go visit your local dealer to order one. I did a search, even on eBay and didn't find it.

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:48 PM   #12

Took the first trip this past w/e since I bolted the rear cargo hitch up. Had 3 bikes on it for the trip, 2-20" full suspension Toys R Us bikes (our tiwn boys bikes), and my Stumpjumper 26" hardtail. Probably about 90lbs in bikes, and close to 50lbs for the bike rack. Seemed to be fine as every bike was still secure when we arrived at the cg and home! I did buy one of the anti-rattle u-bolt kits to secure the bike rack. Ours just uses the standard 5/8" hitch pin, unlike some which use a bolt to secure the rack. It is a 4 bike (has the 2 bike add on kit) tray style rack with fork mounts (remove front wheel).

Next trip if we take my wifes bike again there will be 4 bikes on the rack. Didn't put her bike on the rack because if something happened to it, we can't replace it: Specialized Safire Komen Edition. Maybe it was crazy, but wanted to do a "trial run" first!

Will add a pic to my mods thread and mods photobucket.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:17 PM   #13

I did a lot of research on a bike rack rated for the back of an RV. I decided on this rack Dispatch Two-Bike Rack - Swagman 68684 - Bike Racks - Camping World and do not regret my decision. It can be used on RVs as well as vehicles. Very well made and strong. It even has a threaded receiver pin which takes out all wobble and movement and a locking cable to prevent your bikes from being stolen when on the rack. Mine is for two bikes and I don't know if they are offered for four bikes.

Dale
2015 Jayco Whitehawk 24RDB
2015 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost 3.55
Golds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:59 AM   #14

Gold,

I have heard good things about the Swagman racks. We have had our bike rack for about 18yrs now. Used numerous times in the car or truck hitch, but just started using it on the trailer. The u-bolt kit keeps the rack from bouncing in the receiver hitch, downside is you need a 3/4" wrench to install or remove the u-bolt kit.

Here is a pic of it for two bikes, didn't have the two bike add on kit installed at the time....

Old 10-17-2015, 07:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-vacation View Post
Gold,

I have heard good things about the Swagman racks. We have had our bike rack for about 18yrs now. Used numerous times in the car or truck hitch, but just started using it on the trailer. The u-bolt kit keeps the rack from bouncing in the receiver hitch, downside is you need a 3/4" wrench to install or remove the u-bolt kit.

Here is a pic of it for two bikes, didn't have the two bike add on kit installed at the time....
I really put mine thru the test this week, I went thru Memphis on I-40W. That has to be the worst road I have ever been on. After I got out of the city and North on I-55 I stopped at a rest area and checked everything. I thought for sure the bumper, hitch, or something would be damaged but everything made it with flying colors. The pavement was so bad that when the truck hit the holes the entire truck would shimmy like the tires had lost contact with the ground and were bouncing across the pavement. If this trip did not crack the stock welded bumper I figure I will be good to go

Dale
2015 Jayco Whitehawk 24RDB
2015 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost 3.55
Golds is offline   Reply With Quote