Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-21-2016, 07:23 AM   #1

Just looking

We have a 2007 Jayco Seneca 35gs diesal really happy with it but also have an interest in a class A looking for input one of the RV that we are looking is a 2013 Tiffany alegro gasser pros and cons please
stimpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:05 AM   #2

We had a 36' class A gas for many years and a 40' DP class A up until last year before we bought our Seneca.
At our favorite camping spots the 40' was just too big. The extra space in all the living areas was nice but we became concerned about the maintenance and costs of an '03 with air bags and air brakes.
So we chose to step back down in size a bit but stick with a diesel engine for the many advantages.

One thing we did with both the class A gas and our Seneca was to add various chassis upgrades such as trac bars, sway bars, Safe-T-Plus, and Koni shocks to tame the ride.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:37 AM   #3

I think you are going to be really disappointed if you go from a diesel to a gasser. Really disappointed if you go from a diesel to a gasser that weighs more. If I were you, I would find a slightly older rig with diesel. I think you will much happier. Your resale value will also be higher. Before I bought the Seneca, I was looking at 07-10 Vectra's, Alegro Bus's, Mountain Aire's. We went with the Seneca just due to the fact that it was brand new and we wanted to have just one thing that we could hold on to while the kids were growing up and then buy our class a for just the two of us later on. The Seneca also had the right floorplan for our familys needs right now.