Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2016, 09:04 AM   #11

Looks like you had a great time!

As far as the black tank vacuum breaker leak. We had 3 of them. Have the dealer replace the part with this part:

JR Products 571-VAC-CHK-A Vacuum Breaker/Check Valve

Instead of this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=rv+v...3lNSA3QQyeM%3A

We had 3 bad parts over the 2 years and finally replaced it with JR part and all has been well. Just thought I would pass it on.

2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:22 AM   #12

Minor side note on this trip: Noticed more Jaycos in Maine percentage-wise than I usually do around home in central PA. The campground where we stayed was about 1/4 Jaycos, about 1/4 Dutchmen, and the rest were a wide variety. Around here I'm used to seeing no more than about 10% Jaycos.

One other thing I found interesting - there were a LOT of obvious rental Class C units in and out of the campground during the 8 days we were there. I just thought that was a little odd.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:33 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkresge View Post
Minor side note on this trip: Noticed more Jaycos in Maine percentage-wise than I usually do around home in central PA. The campground where we stayed was about 1/4 Jaycos, about 1/4 Dutchmen, and the rest were a wide variety. Around here I'm used to seeing no more than about 10% Jaycos.

One other thing I found interesting - there were a LOT of obvious rental Class C units in and out of the campground during the 8 days we were there. I just thought that was a little odd.

Roger
From what states? There are very few RV dealers in Maine;about ten and most sell RVs on the side. They are all small, no Camping World sizes and two of them are Jayco dealers. I got mine from is one of the biggest dealers and all they sell are K-Z and Jayco

Out west about half of all the RV's we saw were Class C rentals. I actually haven't seen many here. there is only one place that does that in Maine in Saco.

Of course for those living in MA this can be a viable option.

Both well used. Now up to 170 nights camping and 40,000 miles on the TT since purchase.
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:37 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
From what states? There are very few RV dealers in Maine;about ten and most sell RVs on the side.
Alas, I wasn't paying close attention to the plates, so I don't know what states they were from.

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 10:42 AM   #15

For those of you with a bent on shopping,Freeport has a municipal waterfront campground. Fees run about$35 a night for oceanfront sites. No hookups, has dump station. Generator hours three times a day.

Freeport Maine: Winslow Park and Campground

Both well used. Now up to 170 nights camping and 40,000 miles on the TT since purchase.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:22 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelly View Post
We really like Chewonki Campground in Wiscasset and will be spending a few days there again this year. Can't speak to the campgrounds further north/east yet as we haven't made it that far. We used to sail off the main coast, usually up to the Bar Harbor area and the area is absolutely beautiful, which is why we want to go back.
Thanks for the feedback, Rob. Looks like a nice spot. I'll check it out closer on RVParkReviews.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:08 AM   #17

Never paid attention to that Chewonki Campground at all. We are new to RVing and have camped on a Chewonki island further down the bay. Usually approached from Georgetown Island in kayaks

Anyway there is lots to do in the area. Reid State Park in Georgetown has a two mile beach as well as Popham Beach in Phippsburg

Bath has lots of interesting shopping and dining. Five Islands has a great view and lobster pound ( in Georgetown)

Maine Maritime Museum in Bath

Lots of local trails on local land trusts.

The Back River which the campground is on is quite beautiful. Again we never got out of our boats. We used to circumnavigate Westport Island

If you can stomach the brief but intense traffic jam in Wiscasset. Boothbay Harbor and some magnificient hiking at Oven Mouth is within half an hour.

( there is yet ANOTHER referendum for a proposed Wiscasset bypass this year)

Good Shaws supermarket in Bath for groceries. Nothing to speak of further up US 1

Chewonki has many sites with 15 amp.. But its very doubtful you will need your A/C ever. Goes past 80 degrees very seldom.