Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-13-2018, 12:47 PM   #1

Just want to move on

How many people are having a problem getting repairs done. It took me 2 months to get a appointment. The camper is new. Only used in spring. I thought I gave them plenty of time to get parts needed. When they took my camper for repairs they would only keep it for one day. Told me everything was done. Checked outside repairs did not open camper up to look at inside work. they did not repair everything inside but said they did. They just don't care.
ksmalloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmalloy View Post
How many people are having a problem getting repairs done. It took me 2 months to get a appointment. The camper is new. Only used in spring. I thought I gave them plenty of time to get parts needed. When they took my camper for repairs they would only keep it for one day. Told me everything was done. Checked outside repairs did not open camper up to look at inside work. they did not repair everything inside but said they did. They just don't care.
Your doing good in Phoenix just finished final warranty requested August 2017. All my warranty took 2 years 11 months to complete. Unfortunately owning a new RV is not for the faint of heart! Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:04 PM   #3

The waiting is one thing. Given how busy things are in the industry in general the waiting isn't much of a surprise. Waiting and then not getting the work done, that's a whole other issue.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:21 PM   #4

Yes, the dealers (and the availability and quality of RV technicians) seem to be 'the weakest link' for warranty repairs. I happened to have warranty work done by a GREAT dealer (AFFINITY RV in Prescott Valley, AZ). Great and timely service.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:22 PM   #5

I did my own repairs during warranty, I only had a few problems and sent pictures to my salesman. They ordered the parts and shipped them to me and I supplied the labor, this was a very easy process with no down time.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:42 PM   #6

I was very fortunate with my warranty repairs while out on the road in June/July. The faucet in the bathroom on my Jay Flight 23RB was leaking.

When we left Arco, Idaho (Craters of the Moon Nat Monument), we found Bish's RV Supercenter in Idaho Falls, Idaho, which was on our way to Grand Teton NP. They are an authorized Jayco dealer.

We were told during our first phone call to them, they were full up and couldn't get to us that day. We were running a day a head of our reservation at GTNP, so we called again to determine if t hey could get to it the next day. On the 2nd call, they decided to have us come by that first morning.

We did, and they got right on it. Determined the faucet was bad, so replaced it and we were on our way. Bish's did very good by us. The only bummer was they only had the bright chrome finish faucets, and my faucet was the brushed nickel. But a non leaking chrome faucet is much, much better than a leaking brushed nickel one.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmalloy View Post
My 377 has been towed about 1700 miles since new. the tires are rubbing the floor below fridge and pantry. Jayco said suspension needed to be replace with heavier springs. Also kitchen slide won't go in sometimes without pushing it from the outside. Dealer said it would be Jan. before they could get to it. I now have independent rv repair shop working with Jayco to see if they can do repair.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:17 PM   #8

I replaced both my microwave oven and bathtub under warranty. Jayco either paid or supplied the part. I did the labor and purchased my own tub surround rivets and other miscellaneous stuff. I actually enjoyed the chance to take something apart and put it back together better than Jayco did. I did not buy from the local Jayco dealer and they refused to do the warranty work or get me a replacement part. It all worked out good avoiding the frustration of delays shoddy repairs.
Redslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:39 PM   #9

Welcome to trailer life !!!
Old 08-13-2018, 09:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redslider View Post
I replaced both my microwave oven and bathtub under warranty. Jayco either paid or supplied the part. I did the labor and purchased my own tub surround rivets and other miscellaneous stuff. I actually enjoyed the chance to take something apart and put it back together better than Jayco did. I did not buy from the local Jayco dealer and they refused to do the warranty work or get me a replacement part. It all worked out good avoiding the frustration of delays shoddy repairs.
I wanted to replace my suspension but Jayco said no because of the liability of having to jack heavy camper up and removing springs. I have large air jacks I use to to jack houses up with and have used them many times over the years to change bent axle on toy hauler pack bearings and do an axle flip on another rv but they still said no to me doing the work.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:52 AM   #11

Dealers:The Good, Bad, and Ugly!!! Bad service starts with the shop manager, then passes to the actual Tech. and finally back to the manager or who ever is supposed to run the checklist when the work is ??done??. Good service starts with the shop Manager and continues thru the same as above but with people who are doing their jobs and not just punching a time card. There is no exchuse for what comes out the back door.

A concerned owner seems to be the key and ultimately the one that sets the standard for quality of service at a Dealership. I have generally had good service from the dealers that I have used. That would be just 3 or 4 over the life on 1 popup and 2 TT's. If you are able to fix the little stuff yourself, you will be miles down the road.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:13 AM   #12

Do you remember the service managers name, we bought are camper there in 2015. Usually stay at White Spar state park just south of down town. Will be heading up Labor Day.DW wife loves all the shopping! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
xxxcamper.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote