Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2016, 01:00 PM   #11

We keep our trailer in our driveway here just North of Atlanta. We battle ants all the time. They like to go inside and hide in the winter and come out to play in the summer. I keep a circle of Spectracide around the trailer (tires, jacks, cords) to keep them away and the baits inside to kill them if they get in.

I use one of the Boric acid products as bait. There is one we buy at Publix, comes in a blue and white bottle, it's a blue liquid (Can't recall the name) but I keep a couple of soda bottle caps filled with this stuff. It will actually attract any ants that are in your trailer and at first you will see a stampede of them heading to it. Then they go off and kill off the colony. No more ants.

TT 2016 Jayco 28RLS
TV 2010 Chevy 2500HD 4x4/Z71 aka The Beast
Loosenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:06 AM   #12

This is the stuff we use. It's a liquid with Boric Acid in it. It's like a drug to ants. They can't get enough and it will eventually kill them all (including the queen). We had the misfortune of an Ant Infestation in our trailer one year where they were in the walls and outlets and everywhere.

It took about 2 weeks but we got them all with this stuff placed in the soda bottle caps here and there inside the camper. It goes sort of fast at first with them drinking it up, then they start to slow down. Once we got them gone, I just put this stuff out whenever I see any ant activity around the trailer.

TT 2016 Jayco 28RLS
TV 2010 Chevy 2500HD 4x4/Z71 aka The Beast
Loosenuts is offline   Reply With Quote