Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #1

Keypad Entry

I know I'm going to have to get this fixed under warranty, but I thought I might throw this out there just in case anyone else ran into it and has a solution.

We had our keyless entry working fine. I set the master password and a few authorized codes to unlock it. Everything was fine on a one week outing. However, after returning home, sometime within a few days of return, the 15 amp fuse in the keypad circuit was blown. I replace the fuse and now hear the keypad key press beeps. I could not lock or unlock the door using any of the numbers and I figured this is normal since power was totally removed when the fuse went.

I again went thru the procedure to set the master code and again entered some additional numbers. However, even though the key press beeps were normal, the door will not lock or unlock with any of the codes. I do hear a faint click when I try to lock or unlock it, but that's it.

Anyone ever run into something similar......??

Thanks,
Ken
Now with Firestone AirBags
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #2

Sounds strange. The opposite happened to me. My fuse blew, which is only a 7.5 amp fuse, and when replaced, everything worked as previously. Did anything else stop working when the fuse blew? The keyless entry doesn't require that much current.
bgermane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #3

It would be one heck-of-a-lock that requires 15amps :crazy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgermane View Post
Sounds strange. The opposite happened to me. My fuse blew, which is only a 7.5 amp fuse, and when replaced, everything worked as previously. Did anything else stop working when the fuse blew? The keyless entry doesn't require that much current.
Yes, 15amps would be a bit of over-kill for that keypad. I don't know what else is on that circuit. I did try the "porch light" before replacing the fuse, thinking it might be. But it wasn't. I guess that is something I'll have to eventually track down to try and find out if something else caused the fuse to blow....but for now, I was just tossing this out there to see if I'm the only one.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Ken
Old 07-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
My keyless entry, integrated with the latch unit, is battery operated no 12v source. It's also dead and I've contacted Jayco who wanted me to bring it to a dealer - I've contacted the company who makes the unit and they are having a tech call tomorrow... I'll update everyone then.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78 View Post
My keyless entry, integrated with the latch unit, is battery operated no 12v source. It's also dead and I've contacted Jayco who wanted me to bring it to a dealer - I've contacted the company who makes the unit and they are having a tech call tomorrow... I'll update everyone then.
Thanks. I appreciate it.

Ken
Old 07-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
Thanks. I appreciate it.

Ken
The tech called today, very nice guy. Basically mine is toast and they are expediting a replacement to our seasonal campground no charge. I have the number if anyone needs it! They stated not to spray the inside heavily with silicone it can affect the assembly which may have been my issue.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #7

We,ve been having a lot of issues with the keyless entry too. Can we have his number please. Tks!
rmcacicedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:54 AM   #8

Quote:
The tech called today, very nice guy. Basically mine is toast and they are expediting a replacement to our seasonal campground no charge. I have the number if anyone needs it! They stated not to spray the inside heavily with silicone it can affect the assembly which may have been my issue.
Yes! The number would be great. I was going to leave it to the dealer, but that might be a better option.

Thanks Again,
Ken
Old 07-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #9

Bauer is the company, 1.866.682.2837 - the operator will direct you to a tech, mine was CJ I believe.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #10

Updated: replacement received, installed, and old one sent back with prepaid return label. Great customer service!!! Wish I'd been this lucky getting Jayco to help me with this issue!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #11

Quote:
Updated: replacement received, installed, and old one sent back with prepaid return label. Great customer service!!! Wish I'd been this lucky getting Jayco to help me with this issue!!!
I also had a problem with my Bauer keyless entry pad. I called the company, explained my situation, and they immediately sent me a new keypad and lock system. Not only did they send it out immediately, I received it the next day! Almost unheard of customer service. In my opinion, if you have a problem With your keyless entry system, simply call the company. I think they will take care of you.

djalbrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by djalbrec View Post
I also had a problem with my Bauer keyless entry pad. I called the company, explained my situation, and they immediately sent me a new keypad and lock system. Not only did they send it out immediately, I received it the next day! Almost unheard of customer service. In my opinion, if you have a problem With your keyless entry system, simply call the company. I think they will take care of you.
How can I find out if mine is a "Bauer" ? Is it marked somewhere ?
Old 07-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #13

Keypad Entry

I am on my 2nd battery operated keyless entry. The 2nd unit stopped working the 1st of this last trip. Customer service is great, but why so many issues?? I'm calling Monday for a 3rd unit.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
How can I find out if mine is a "Bauer" ? Is it marked somewhere ?
The keypad will have five buttons on it arranged Vertically. The top four read 12, 34, 56, 78. The bottom one will have a BP on it. You have to touch the right side of the keypad to activate it. It is activated when the lights underneath the buttons come on. If you can't get it to work correctly, go to their website, www.bauer.com, and there is a number that you can call.

djalbrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by djalbrec View Post
The keypad will have five buttons on it arranged Vertically. The top four read 12, 34, 56, 78. The bottom one will have a BP on it. You have to touch the right side of the keypad to activate it. It is activated when the lights underneath the buttons come on. If you can't get it to work correctly, go to their website, www.bauer.com, and there is a number that you can call.
My keypad is horizontal. I guess it's moot now.....I dropped it off at the dealer to get a small list of minor items fixed before our next trip. Hopefully, they will track it down.

Thanks again to all who replied.