Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-31-2011, 06:22 PM   #11

We bought used.... Our closest dealer asks when I call, "Did you buy the unit from us?" Their attention span gets pretty short after that. They've never returned the calls they said they would.

We have a dealer closer that doesn't carry Jayco. He's be extremely helpful and willing to help me find whatever I've needed.

Hutashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #12

30% off is certainly in the ballpark. I shopped a lot, mostly online, as our "local" dealer is about 150 miles away and was very good in showing us around in late summer, but lost interest when we tried to negotiate online in November. I got a good price from RVDirect for exact options we wanted and shopped that quote with brick and mortar dealers within a thousand miles. None came really close until we found one who beat the price, 32% off msrp, roughly. Checked out their reputation and it's stellar. We sent the down payment and requested it not be built until things thaw out here at home. The local dealer was thousands more plus $1800 for delivery to their site. I saved most of that by buying closer to the factory, so the saving will pay for our trip to get it, which will let us get halfway to my wife's Maryland relatives. I really wanted a b/m dealership so when we do our pre delivery inspection things can be taken care of right there before payment. But I've read reports of folks who bought from the internet shops and were very happy. So I'm not very worried about not using a local, as just like in your case, they weren't too interested in pleasing me. Buying local is only worth what it's worth to you. It wasn't worth $4k to me. JaycoGeorge suggested buying used. That's a good idea. I've lived long enough to have suffered buyer's remorse more than once. So now I expected whatever our first trailer was wouldn't be what we'd have bought after spending a couple seasons in it. Sure enough, I was right. But having that in mind I searched for a real good deal on what I thought we wanted so I wouldn't take too bad a beating when I sold it. Believe it or not, I bought one in July of '09 and sold it a couple months ago for $600 more than I paid. So I'd sure consider JaycoG's advice. No matter which route you take, I just hope you and your family come to enjoy RVing as much as we do!

cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #13
Site Team

YOu know, just like others here have said in different threads... the one good thing is that JAYCO will authorize a local "expert" to deal with warranty issues if you can't get to the "local" dealer (ours is 4 hours away). We may actually take Jayco up on the offer so we don't have to make a trip that far away again. Something to keep in mind if the local dealer is inept or acts such
-2016 Ford F-250 XLT 4x2, 6.2L EFI V8, 4.30 Elec Lock, Heavy duty Alt
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #14

Buying a Flight 22FB: RV-Direct quoted a 30% discount off their MSRP which includes a destination charge, although they don't say how much the destination charge is. However, RV-D presents a problem to me here in Houston as I don't want to drive 1,000 miles to Orlando or Des Moines to take delivery of the TT as stipulated by Jayco.

So, the best deal I found closer to home is a local dealer quote that is:
1. Equal to the RV-Direct or Wholesale RV Club quote + a calculated shipping cost from their location to Houston.
2. The local quote is $800 less than a dealer quote in San Antonio, TX and $300 less than a quote in Lafayette, LA.

So I guess it's a good deal as I have not been able to find a lower price nearby. And as others have said, I'm happy with it!
earl9653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl9653 View Post
Buying a Flight 22FB: RV-Direct quoted a 30% discount off their MSRP which includes a destination charge, although they don't say how much the destination charge is. However, RV-D presents a problem to me here in Houston as I don't want to drive 1,000 miles to Orlando or Des Moines to take delivery of the TT as stipulated by Jayco.

1. Equal to the RV-Direct or Wholesale RV Club quote + a calculated shipping cost from their location to Houston.
2. The local quote is $800 less than a dealer quote in San Antonio, TX and $300 less than a quote in Lafayette, LA.

So I guess it's a good deal as I have not been able to find a lower price nearby. And as others have said, I'm happy with it!

Great! Post pics when ya get it
-2016 Ford F-250 XLT 4x2, 6.2L EFI V8, 4.30 Elec Lock, Heavy duty Alt
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #16

I purchased mine from RV Outlets from Danville, VA. They had a used one that looked good and the price was below the NADA price, plus they even came down another $1000, so I feel like they treated me well.
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam
Prodigy P2
Tanker42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #17

fyshy1 This is just an observation I've made recently regarding bench space. It may be something easily overlooked when new to caravaning and not noticed until you are preparing your first meal way out in the bush. Many new vans I've seen recently are light on bench space for food preparation. I have an area of bench beside the sink and also beside the stove top. I think this is a minimum amount necessary for food preparation. Many I've looked at recently have the sink and stove side by side with an insert in the sink and a cover over the stove BUT where do you work if the stove top is being used and you are also, say, washing vegies in the sink? This of course only applies to the smaller vans. The big 5ers etc have enough room to have a party!!
frednjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:19 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthi View Post
YOu know, just like others here have said in different threads... the one good thing is that JAYCO will authorize a local "expert" to deal with warranty issues if you can't get to the "local" dealer (ours is 4 hours away). We may actually take Jayco up on the offer so we don't have to make a trip that far away again. Something to keep in mind if the local dealer is inept or acts such
this is definitely true Healthi, I lost faith in my dealer and found this amazing mom and pop shop and they are authorized to do jacyo warranty. http://www.len-richrv.net/index2.html
Len-Rich RV Mobile repair in Gardiner, NY
Old 02-04-2011, 02:52 AM   #19

Send a message via Yahoo to Bobbydeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by earl9653 View Post

Earl, by any chance did you try Crain RV in Little Rock??? Very large dealer on I -30.Was curious about their discounts and deals.....
Bobbydeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #20

Wow.

This is some great info for me to consider. I really appreciate it and hope to report a deal soon.
Thanks again.

fyshy1 is offline   Reply With Quote