Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #1

Lady Wendolyn's first trip in the new TT

Well.. after many years of camping, we have certain rules about what we will and will not do when it comes to camping.
For instance...
- we like to hitch up well before we are ready to leave.
-we do not like to travel at night.
-we do not like to travel in the rain.
-we never want to deal with hail.
-we do not want to forget an important step..

Yes... we certainly do not ever want to hitch up our trailer at 9:30 at night, during a major rain and hail storm, till we were completely drenched (since we are hitching a NEW TRAILER with a NEW HITCH and it took TWICE AS LONG... ) ..and drive three hours in the pitch dark over unknown roads, only to pull into our campground at 12:30 a.m. and realize that D.H. forgot to drain the water tank he had filled and tested before we left.. (so we had just hauled 700 pounds of water with antifreeze and javex in it,) which took 40 minutes to drain, and then 30 minutes to refill, .. standing in the pouring rain holding the hose.. and then try and QUIETLY find our sight and QUIETLY unhitch for the first time.. (did I mention that it's still POURING RAIN and we are still soaked).. only to fall into an exhausted stupor at around 2:30 a.m..... BUT THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT WE DID!

How could this happen?
A relative showed up at our home just as were were heading out the door at 4:30 in the afternoon and proceeded to have an emotional episode.. that lasted for four and a half hours.. until we felt like she was for sure O.K. and we were good to go... call us kind, :lizard: call us stupid.. but we felt like we should listen..sigh.. and so there we were heading out to the driveway to finally leave.. and the skis opened up and ...AAAHHH!!:lightning:
So there we were at 2:30 a.m. .. FINALLY GETTING TO BED...

But I have to say... it was soo worth it, and we love our trailer, and in the end we had a fabulous weekend... and even watched the Lucy and Dezi movie The Long, Long, Trailer.. so that we could laugh at someone who seemed to be having worse troubles than we were.

Here are a couple of photos of our first outing..

The photos are:
#1.. Chilling outside on the morning after the Episode.
#2. Walking the Dogs at the harbour
#3 D.H. having his first cup of "camp coffee".. he loves perked coffee
#4 Felix are dog finds out he is not allowed on the camper sofas, and he has been given a green pillow on the floor instead.
Attached Thumbnails
Image 4.jpg   Image 5.jpg   Image 6.jpg   Image 2.jpg  

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #2

Lady Wendolyn, I don't know what you're talking about. The weather looks beautiful, your hubby has a smile on his face...couldn't been all bad! Hehe! Glad it turned around for you!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #3

I am glad the rest of your trip went well and the weather cooperated for you. That is a nice looking TT that you have
Old 05-21-2012, 11:42 PM   #4

Camping is always an adventure. It sounds like you had good one. Enjoy the new trailer and thanks for the sharing the pictures.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:51 AM   #5

The memory of this trip will surely bring you some laughs. Remember the worst camping trip is better then your best day at work!!
US Army
VN.71-72
RickAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:40 AM   #6

I love the way you decorated your trailer. Meant to say that on the proper thread too.

The picture with your husband having coffee, it looks like the inside of a home. An inviting and welcoming home.

Sorry about the rain. We had to hook up to come home in the rain on our 2nd trip. Not my finest moments. I'm pretty sure the whole campground could see my grumpy face.

2012 Eagle SL 308 RETS
Lady Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:29 AM   #7

FUN!!! rain just adds to the adventure... makes it feel more 'core... and rules are made to break! i love the look on the dog... 'what? you have GOT to be kidding me'

yeah, i have plans for retirement... i plan to turn my on-off switch to 'off'.....
squidmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #8

Lady W. that makes or a great story for your first trip. You will always remember it. You will be glad you took the time to listen to someone who really needed you. Your next trip will be even better I am sure.
Phar0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #9

Glad it ended up being a good trip .
Riverbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:03 AM   #10

After listening to thier problem,doesnt your life really seem wonderful.camping is a good rejuvenator.
Next trip youshould leave at high noon
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #11

funny about your dog...I made the rule no dogs on the bed...after hearing our lab pace back and forth I gave in...total...five minutes...lol
huskerdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #12

Looks like Felix was a happy camper too!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #13

Yep we pushed our rain East to you so we had a sunny weekend...
One question
Why bother unhooking at 2:30 am? in the rain.... just go to bed and set up camp in the morning, hopefully in the dry...I have done that numerous times.
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
Yep we pushed our rain East to you so we had a sunny weekend...
One question
Why bother unhooking at 2:30 am? in the rain.... just go to bed and set up camp in the morning, hopefully in the dry...I have done that numerous times.
We will send the rain back your way this weekend..:lightning:

We unhooked, because our trailer hitch needs some further adjustment and our trailer is not sitting level.. so we would have been sleeping on a slant with all the blood rushing to our heads.
Believe me, if the slope had been the other way.. we would have left it.

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

Old 05-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #15

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywendolyn View Post
Well.. after many years of camping, we have certain rules about what we will and will not do when it comes to camping.
For instance...
- we like to hitch up well before we are ready to leave.
-we do not like to travel at night.
-we do not like to travel in the rain.
-we never want to deal with hail.
-we do not want to forget an important step..

Yes... we certainly do not ever want to hitch up our trailer at 9:30 at night, during a major rain and hail storm, till we were completely drenched (since we are hitching a NEW TRAILER with a NEW HITCH and it took TWICE AS LONG... ) ..and drive three hours in the pitch dark over unknown roads, only to pull into our campground at 12:30 a.m. and realize that D.H. forgot to drain the water tank he had filled and tested before we left.. (so we had just hauled 700 pounds of water with antifreeze and javex in it,) which took 40 minutes to drain, and then 30 minutes to refill, .. standing in the pouring rain holding the hose.. and then try and QUIETLY find our sight and QUIETLY unhitch for the first time.. (did I mention that it's still POURING RAIN and we are still soaked).. only to fall into an exhausted stupor at around 2:30 a.m..... BUT THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT WE DID!

How could this happen?
A relative showed up at our home just as were were heading out the door at 4:30 in the afternoon and proceeded to have an emotional episode.. that lasted for four and a half hours.. until we felt like she was for sure O.K. and we were good to go... call us kind, :lizard: call us stupid.. but we felt like we should listen..sigh.. and so there we were heading out to the driveway to finally leave.. and the skis opened up and ...AAAHHH!!:lightning:
So there we were at 2:30 a.m. .. FINALLY GETTING TO BED...

But I have to say... it was soo worth it, and we love our trailer, and in the end we had a fabulous weekend... and even watched the Lucy and Dezi movie The Long, Long, Trailer.. so that we could laugh at someone who seemed to be having worse troubles than we were.

Here are a couple of photos of our first outing..

The photos are:
#1.. Chilling outside on the morning after the Episode.
#2. Walking the Dogs at the harbour
#3 D.H. having his first cup of "camp coffee".. he loves perked coffee
#4 Felix are dog finds out he is not allowed on the camper sofas, and he has been given a green pillow on the floor instead.
What???? Green pillows on the floor? Felix, the sofas were made for you!!
What a great story and it will be an adventure you will always remember.
Hopefully the other trips will be dry, sunny, and no drama!!

2011 Jayco Flight G2 23FB
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
1500Weight Distribution System, Accupower Pilot Brake Control, Sway Control, Husky Elec Jack
Moving Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
.......Why bother unhooking at 2:30 am? in the rain.... just go to bed and set up camp in the morning, hopefully in the dry...I have done that numerous times.

not an option down here in S Texas... the one thing you really wanna do is get that electrixxxity hooked up and get out of this DANG HUMIDITY...

yeah, our camp is back on this weekend... looks like 3 days of surf and AC are in my future...

yeah, i have plans for retirement... i plan to turn my on-off switch to 'off'.....
Old 05-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidmotion View Post
not an option down here in S Texas... the one thing you really wanna do is get that electrixxxity hooked up and get out of this DANG HUMIDITY...

yeah, our camp is back on this weekend... looks like 3 days of surf and AC are in my future...
What kind of temperatures are you having? I was in Texas two summers ago.. it was 120 degrees... kinda traumatized me actually
We get hot summers here in canada.. but not that hot.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:44 AM   #18

It's been in the high 80s to around 90 for the past several days. From my memory, this isn't bad for May. Seems like we've had a decent stretch of weather since March.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #19

on a hot day in august, just quoting, "it's not the heat, it's the humidity..." will probably get you a Texas style beating from your friends...

it gets hot, but thanks to AC units, it's livable... we had a few days last summer on the boat, that were just crazy... 103, high humidity, not a lick of wind... the fishing was good, but all the water was gone by noon... everyone was too scared to even have one beer! (and that is rare!)

we've had a few hot days already, mid to upper 90s... not too bad, all things considered.