Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-29-2020, 07:10 PM   #1

Last Jayco I will own

I will never purchase another Jayco product again. Our front cap on our RV has faded terribly and it’s just past the warranty. I contacted my dealer who submitted a estimate to Jayco which was denied. I contacted Jayco and explained my situation and they said they will do nothing because it’s outside of the warranty. They obviously have an issue with this problem which is well documented by searching this site and just won’t step up and help owners out.
Burchie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:31 PM   #2

My brothers front cap faded on his Jayco. It was still in warranty but instead of just painting it they replaced the complete front cap. Unfortunately he purchased it from camping world and it took them almost six months.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:46 PM   #3

its a problem with many RV manufactures not just Jayco. i thought they finally did something about it around 2014 or 2016. A friend had his 2012 forest river go bad in 2 years and was covered under warranty
tileguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:53 PM   #4

Ours is a 2017 Eagle HT so they definitely didn’t fix their issues in 2016. I’m not done harassing Jayco yet
Old 07-29-2020, 08:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burchie70 View Post
Ours is a 2017 Eagle HT so they definitely didn’t fix their issues in 2016. I’m not done with Jayco yet
JAYCO as well as 99% of manufacturers buy the caps from a 3rd party, they don't make them in house.

It may depend on what the dealer told JAYCO or the price they submitted. If it's higher than what they normally pay they may deny it too.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:49 PM   #6

Last Jayco over a faded cap out of warranty? What did the dealer quote? Can’t be much to just sand, paint and clear coat. I’d rather that than a cap replacement...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 01:35 AM   #7

The dealers estimate was for $3,600. Customer service didn’t say anything about the price being to high. If they had said it was to high or that they would pay up to a certain point i would understand but they just said they can’t do anything to help. The fact that it’s out of warranty shouldn’t be an issue because I’ve read and heard of Jayco covering the front cap for some people over a year out of warranty.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burchie70 View Post
I will never purchase another Jayco product again. Our front cap on our RV has faded terribly and it’s just past the warranty. I contacted my dealer who submitted a estimate to Jayco which was denied. I contacted Jayco and explained my situation and they said they will do nothing because it’s outside of the warranty. They obviously have an issue with this problem which is well documented by searching this site and just won’t step up and help owners out.
You might just as well give up RV'ing. All manufactures have the very exact issues. They all buy building supplies from the same place and assemble it. None make there own stuff. This kind of complaint comes on ALL different builders forums. It will never change until people start doing some research before they buy. No body does until there is a problem. Until the government steps in and makes a lemon law like the car industry and do inspections and force recalls it is not gonna change.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:30 AM   #9

I would call Jayco back yourself and ask to speak with a supervisor. "Politely" explain your situation and let them know you are aware that Jayco has covered these types of repairs for others just outside the warranty window. Sometimes a little sugar goes a long way. I was originally denied a warranty covered front-end alignment by Jayco and this tactic worked for me. It's worth a try, it may work for you also. Good Luck .
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
K9Nardu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:44 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Nardu View Post
I would call Jayco back yourself and ask to speak with a supervisor. "Politely" explain your situation and let them know you are aware that Jayco has covered these types of repairs for others just outside the warranty window. Sometimes a little sugar goes a long way. I was originally denied a warranty covered front-end alignment by Jayco and this tactic worked for me. It's worth a try, it may work for you also. Good Luck .
Yes, sugarcoat and escalate. "Hey, is there someone else I can talk to"? Lots of times persistence will get rewarded. At the level those decisions are made, often they don't have the authority to approve a slightly out of warranty repair.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:49 AM   #11

I have been looking at getting the front cap wrapped to protect the material and especially the window in the cap...works good on cars, and is a relatively inexpensive application. Then work to do the rest of the RV later if needed. At least the front cap will be protected. Still researching, but so far seems like a good thing to do for protection.
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 05:07 AM   #12

I plan on calling Jayco today or Monday. I’m waiting for my dealer to email me more info about the estimate before I call. Thanks guys