Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-23-2019, 12:14 PM   #1

Leak in my 2003 jayco eagle travel trailer Slide Out

Hi I have a Leak in my 2003 Jayco Eagle on the slide out next to the couch. On the right hand side. The couch is almost right up against the wall. My carpet is wet under the window on the slide out. Has anyone had a leak like this? I do not see any cracks or problems up there. Please help with a solution. I flex steeled the screws in case it was those.
Ms. Jayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 01:03 PM   #2

"under the window" That's where I would look for the leak. LOTS of posts on leaky windows.

My front window was a chore to fix. Some water ran inside and some ran between the wall and outside.

I got some clear Dicor and carefully put a bead around it. But in the strong sun and hot weather it cured so quick I did not get a good seal or missed a spot. Went back after high pressure water tests and sealed it twice more. Then went over all the windows and doors. Don't use silicone, just doesn't do the job.

Some tips, Dicor solidifies almost instantly! Get some we paper towels, put on a bead a few inches, push it into place with a wet finger. Wipe finger and repeat. Any that is on wrong has to be taken off instantly or it is there forever. Don't forget the bottom and all the corners. On the road water will be sprayed into every possible entry. It can also be on the window to frame joint as well as the frame to trailer joint.

After you are done get out the hose after it cures and spray hard a little at a time while helper watches with strong flashlight and dry paper towels.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote