Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-22-2018, 09:30 PM   #1

LED's - Finally Found THE Ones for Me

Finally I found the LED's that I like. Not too bright, not blue and as close to the original incandescent bulbs.

So, I tried these first - they were more bright and more blue than the incandescent bulbs - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought these next - they were less blue but still too bright for me - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then I bought these - and finally I am done with my search - They are slightly odd because I am so used to not being able to look at the lights - these only put the light down and out vs the other LED's or incandescent bulbs so you get the light but do't have to turn away from the lights themselves - hopefully that makes sense - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think I will have to buy a couple more - I bought two 12 packs - but I think I have 25 or 26 lights. I need to count them again. I replaced 12 tonight while testing in the storage lot. With all 12 lights on the voltage dropped 0.1vdc on my meter.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:04 AM   #2

Thanks for posting this review of sorts. I'm picking up a new (left over) 2016 X254 Tuesday and will use your findings to replace any incandescent bulbs in the hopes of achieving similar results.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jerry B.
"Stateboy" (Formerly "36fire412")
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
stateboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunyadamn View Post
Then I bought these - and finally I am done with my search - They are slightly odd because I am so used to not being able to look at the lights - these only put the light down and out vs the other LED's or incandescent bulbs so you get the light but do't have to turn away from the lights themselves - hopefully that makes sense - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have 4 of those installed in the reading lights above the bed and the rear chairs [all singles] because they're slightly brighter than the others. I still prefer the others for the ceiling lights as they are not as bright. Don't forget your outside "yellow" light/step light [if applicable] as well. I left my scare lights alone because I rarely use them.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
I have 4 of those installed in the reading lights above the bed and the rear chairs [all singles] because they're slightly brighter than the others. I still prefer the others for the ceiling lights as they are not as bright. Don't forget your outside "yellow" light/step light [if applicable] as well. I left my scare lights alone because I rarely use them.
Yes, I am going to do all the lights. I too rarely use that light, but I figure I am changing all the rest, I might as well do that one too. Same with the one under the steps - only turns on when the awning LED's turn on, but we use them often.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:56 AM   #5

You might consider using different bulbs in different locations, especially since you already have a ton from the first two experiments. For instance, does the light under the step or the one under the orange plastic cover really have to be "perfect"? Just sayin'...

I use warm white predominantly, but have the cool white in the bath and some kitchen fixtures, and in the outdoor fixtures.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:42 PM   #6

I have had your posted choice LEDs installed in my trailer for 3 years now. I agree they are nice. I bought 2 packs and found a couple didn't work right off the bat, and maybe 1 or 2 have failed over the course of 3 seasons. Pretty good if you ask me, considering the cost.