Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-17-2015, 01:33 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
dmward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet05 View Post
I attach the regulator, flex hose and filter at the CG faucet then use a 90 at the TT. I'm I the only one that doesn't trust putting any weight on the fresh water connection?
Nope - this is what I do too. I can just envision the connection snapping off.
__________________

__________________
-Derek

2014 White Hawk 28DSBH
2012 F150 EcoBoost MaxTow
Reese 1200 WDH / Dual Cam Sway Control
dmward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:46 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
oldmanAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: AZ
Posts: 7,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet05 View Post
I attach the regulator, flex hose and filter at the CG faucet then use a 90 at the TT. I'm I the only one that doesn't trust putting any weight on the fresh water connection?
Until today, I didn't worry about weight on my city water connection.

Guess I'll be changing my ways and attaching 'stuff' to the CG faucet and only have the 90* with hose at the trailer. That will do until/if I mod my water system to keep the weight off the trailer connection.

That's one of the reasons I like this site: Learning things like this probably prevented me world of grief one day.
__________________

__________________
Sherm & Terry w/rescues Eydie (min Schnauzer) Steve RIP (std Poodle)
2015 Jay Flight 27RLS (Camped: 102 nights '15, 90 nights '16, 70 nights '17 so far)
2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD, Lariat, 4WD, CC, LB, SRW, auto., Camper pkg.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:12 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
emjayuu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddybar View Post
I got back and forth on whether to put the regulator before or after the filter?



I've heard that the regulator should go before water enters the filter as it's possible for really high pressure to damage the filter.



I've also heard to put the regulator after the filter because a.) keeps the regulator clean and b.) the filter can decrease pressure, so by putting the filter after the regulator, you end up with less water pressure in your Camper.



Thoughts?

I would never think that you
Have to keep the regulator "clean". I prefer regulator attached right at water source
__________________
2013 Jayco Sport
Ontario, Canada
emjayuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:32 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
TWP723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Abingdon
Posts: 3,594
I can't imagine it's a ton of weight. It's 3 ft from the ground. But if you're concerned, just add a 3ft. extension hose after the brass 90 and ...voila! That should fix the weight issue.
__________________
2013 Jayco Eagle 328 RLTS
2013 Ford F350 6.7L 4x4 CCLB
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zerô WDH
Me, Momma and Charles (RIP buddy)
And introducing Sofie!! ;)
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:54 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 4,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
I can't imagine it's a ton of weight. It's 3 ft from the ground. But if you're concerned, just add a 3ft. extension hose after the brass 90 and ...voila! That should fix the weight issue.
That's kind of what I was thinking. That little blue filter can't weigh that much more than the hose, even full of water. Besides, it doesn't flex hardly at all with my setup, the filter rests directly against the side of the trailer preventing the elbow from pulling on the city water connection very much.

Although, I never did consider this to be a potential problem, I will at least think about it as a consideration. I would be more likely to rig the hose around the rear bumper one way or another to take the weight off the elbow and the CW connection.

The reason I place my filter as close to the rig as possible is to minimize the "rubbery hose" taste you can get. Even though it's a drinking water hose, I think it still imparts a plastic flavor into the water (I've had a strong plastic flavor before, but I can't prove it wasn't from the pex in my trailer, or if it was water that had been sitting in the hose for a while or what), especially when it's heated up from sitting in the sun all day. I also try to get my hose in the shade under the trailer as much as possible.

But even that doesn't matter because we drink bottled water anyway. We refill one of those 5 gal water cooler bottles for a buck and it lasts us all weekend.
__________________


2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:46 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Walnut
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjayuu View Post
I would never think that you
Have to keep the regulator "clean". I prefer regulator attached right at water source
Yeah, that part wasn't as much of a consideration. It was more of a water pressure thing.

Say you want your pressure to be 50psi, so you have a regulator for 50psi.

So the water comes out of the source at 75psi, goes through your regulator so it comes out at the 50psi you want... but then goes through the water filter, which then reduces pressure slightly more, so it's actually 40 psi going into the camper.

Where as if you put the filter before the regulator, you would be more likely to ensure that your pressure going into the camper is where you want it, which would be at whatever level your regulator is.

The numbers themselves don't matter as much as the concept. Honestly, it's not a huge deal, but just one of those things I overthink every time I'm setting up...
__________________
2005 Jayco 23B
2005 Lincoln Navigator, 4WD, Tow Package.

buddybar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:18 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
wags999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Surprise
Posts: 1,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet05 View Post
I attach the regulator, flex hose and filter at the CG faucet then use a 90 at the TT. I'm I the only one that doesn't trust putting any weight on the fresh water connection?
X2
__________________
2011 Toyota Tundra double cab
2015 27RLS
wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:10 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
emjayuu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddybar View Post
Yeah, that part wasn't as much of a consideration. It was more of a water pressure thing.



Say you want your pressure to be 50psi, so you have a regulator for 50psi.



So the water comes out of the source at 75psi, goes through your regulator so it comes out at the 50psi you want... but then goes through the water filter, which then reduces pressure slightly more, so it's actually 40 psi going into the camper.



Where as if you put the filter before the regulator, you would be more likely to ensure that your pressure going into the camper is where you want it, which would be at whatever level your regulator is.



The numbers themselves don't matter as much as the concept. Honestly, it's not a huge deal, but just one of those things I overthink every time I'm setting up...

Is there a risk of too much pressure going through the water filter?
__________________
2013 Jayco Sport
Ontario, Canada
emjayuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:19 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 4,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjayuu View Post
Is there a risk of too much pressure going through the water filter?
If you're talking about the standard blue ones you can find just about anywhere, I doubt it. If there's that much pressure, I would expect the hose to burst first.

My neighbor got curious and cut one open. He said it's just filled with carbon, nothing fancy or complicated, just a canister filled with carbon.
__________________


2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:49 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
BrentB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Austin
Posts: 152
From Camco: https://youtu.be/qT_srS1_a_0
__________________

BrentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.