Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2020, 11:58 AM   #1

Levelmate Pro App Update

For those of you who are using the Levelmate Pro, I had the app on my iPhone update yesterday and it would not flow through the upgrade process cleanly. It was stuck on step 1 of 6 and wouldn't move forward. I contacted support and this is what I received back this morning:

We are just learning that there is a bug in the upgrade process and we are working to resolve it. However, for now there is a simple work around and that is to delete the app (you will not lose your level setting, RV dimensions or setting for which way the label faces) and reinstall the app. Cycle the power on the LevelMatePRO until you hear 2 beeps and then start the app. Select Yes to connect to a New device. Once at the leveling screen, tap the gear icon to access the settings and change any display settings that didn't migrate over. If you have any trouble just give us a call at 855-549-8199 and we can walk you through it over the phone.

I followed the steps, and although it took a few power cycles of the Levelmate Pro device, the app recognized it and pulled in all of the settings from the device.

The interface is cleaner and easier to use in my opinion.

I hope this may help someone else.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 12:24 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by colby View Post
For those of you who are using the Levelmate Pro, I had the app on my iPhone update yesterday and it would not flow through the upgrade process cleanly. It was stuck on step 1 of 6 and wouldn't move forward.
This is a perfect example why you shouldn't let any app auto update on your phones, but use the manual update function later on, so other users can be the guinea pigs for errors and glitches on new releases...
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
This is a perfect example why you shouldn't let any app auto update on your phones, but use the manual update function later on, so other users can be the guinea pigs for errors and glitches on new releases...
I didn't auto-update, I manually updated. I like to keep current to ensure that if there are any security issues with an application, I close those down right away.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:11 PM   #4

I just received the app update this morning but haven’t tried it out. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:42 PM   #5

Would like to have the LevelMate Pro but unfortunately its grossly overpriced for a plastic box and a fairly simple circuit board that was designed long ago. Would be good item to have to have for $35-40 but not more.

pward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 04:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pward View Post
Would like to have the LevelMate Pro but unfortunately its grossly overpriced for a plastic box and a fairly simple circuit board that was designed long ago. Would be good item to have to have for $35-40 but not more.

Oh well, then keep doing what you're doing, no one is forcing you to buy anything..........I love mine and all the time savings and convenience it offers.......didn't mind the price one bit, certainly makes things pretty easy! Carry-on!!!!!!
freetime58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:46 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetime58 View Post
Oh well, then keep doing what you're doing, no one is forcing you to buy anything..........I love mine and all the time savings and convenience it offers.......didn't mind the price one bit, certainly makes things pretty easy! Carry-on!!!!!!
Couldn't agree more!! Love the device and had no problem with the cost...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 10:04 AM   #8

Just checked ours, took a few seconds to update once I turned the unit on, then had to scroll through some tutorial pages and it kept all of my previous settings and has some nice new features and graphics.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote