Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-05-2011, 08:48 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tafische View Post
I have to imagine that there are requirements to be a Jayco dealer and I would think that one of those requirements would be to service warranty claims.....snip
I tend to agree.

For decades Jayco has protected it's RV dealership's demographic location by not having another Jayco dealership two miles down the road, but the dealership would have to maintain Jayco's franchise and business relationship expectations (ie; addressing warranty service claims). Years ago I remember hearing that Jayco was known for it's support of their dealer network, which only a few RV manufactures "in-the-day" could say. This business model is similar "in part" to that of Harley Davidson with their dealer network.

I know for fact that here in Michigan a large national RV chain tried for years to get a Jayco franchise, they were always turned down (at least until the recent recession when the independents had to sell out, the large RV chain purchased the Jayco franchise(s)).

Outside of the Jayco dealership network Jayco also has authorized warranty service agreements with independent RV service centers, and I have one located about 25 miles west of my home (Jayco dealership 20 miles east). They follow the same protocol as the Jayco dealership in processing a warranty claim. One would have to contact Jayco directly to confirm the location of these approved service centers.

As stated in an earlier post, Jayco wants to know if a Jayco customer was denied warranty service at any of it's dealerships...., the mystery is what is Jayco doing with this information?

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (integrated sway control)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #32

Not sure that I totaly understand but I had a problem with the Dealer that I bought Trailer from called Jayco and they gave names of three other Dealers that I could take it to but they were all 100 miles farther away. I was told that if they sell Jayco and have a shop they will do warranty work on any Jayco if you bought it there or not.

2004 Dodge 2500 CTD
Old Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:21 AM   #33

Call Jayco corp. and inform them they will deal with it for you
MNWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #34

Can you imagine how many calls Jayco would get each day if every time someone wanted warranty work done they called them first before talking to a dealer. Good golly you would never be able to get through to jayco because all their lines would be tied up. I always go to an authorized dealer first. Then if they refuse service Jayco would get a call right then and there. Each to his own but I Hope jayco has some great incoming phone lines and orperators to handle all the suggested calls they will be getting.
campingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #35

We are having the same issue with a dealer in GA. We didn't buy our unit from them and they really don't want to warranty it. We finally called Jayco and explained the situation, and the service manager called back twice since then to keep us up to date on repairs. Still haven't gotten it back, so we will see.
Hairy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #36

We called Jayco and they suggested another place. We brought it in and they wanted us to call Jayco again, just to confirm the warranty work. It all worked out in the end with no problems! The problem was a problem with the wiring which is what I originally suspected. The wire was cut too close to another part so they had to order a new part. No biggie, all went well and the camper was taken out the following week with working sensors.

We dropped it iff today for winterizing. See ya in the spring ol boy!
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:06 AM   #37

I picked up my trailer today from the dealer I purchased it from. I had it in for warranty work. I was told that I could have my warranty work done at a Jayco dealer of my choosing closer to my home. The helpful service guy suggested that after choosing the dealer he would than set it up thereby avoiding any denial of service issues. This makes me think that there is more to this issue than we as customers might know.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:54 PM   #38

Here is my .02cents worth. Regardless of if a Jayco dealership is required to do warranty work or not, it's bad business to refuse the work based on where the unit was purchased. I for one, would never step foot on that dealers lot again and I would tell everyone with an RV that would listen about how I was treated. If there is an internal Jayco requirement that prevents a dealership from doing the work, then they should explain that situation to the customer.

PLM
AIM2PLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 05:52 PM   #39

Apparently the dealers even refuse to service what they sell. I have a 2010 Jayco Baja F14 pop up I bought in 2011 from Crain RV in Little Rock, and when I called today to bring it in for service, they said they don't sell or service pop ups any more.
tnholthoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:45 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnholthoff View Post
Apparently the dealers even refuse to service what they sell. I have a 2010 Jayco Baja F14 pop up I bought in 2011 from Crain RV in Little Rock, and when I called today to bring it in for service, they said they don't sell or service pop ups any more.
Well, that sucks!

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote