Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-23-2016, 03:38 PM   #1

Long trip

Just took our longest trip from Iowa to South Dakota. Everything went beautifully until our tow had a flat on I90. Oh joy. Just thankful it didn't happen in their two lane construction zones.
CDandCJandthedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:15 PM   #2

Just be thankful it was only a tire. Last June I hit two mule deer near Murdo, SD on I-90. Needless to say we made deer sausage in the middle of the Interstate. But, the good news was we were not hurt, we caused no damage to anyone else other than the deer, we were extremely well taken care of by a Dodge dealer in Pierre who gave us a car to drive while he repaired our truck and within 5 days we were on our road again to Alaska and still made it to Prince Rupert in time to connect with the Alaska Marine Highway ferry we had reservations on. Sometimes there are bumps in the road--but they make for good stories.

Nomads at Heart!
MoBird is offline   Reply With Quote