Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-18-2011, 04:11 PM   #1

Looking under the TT

Took delivery of a new 2011 Flight 22FB 3 weeks ago. Parked it and now ready to head out. Got under the TT and was surprised what I found. Two nuts that hold an angle support were near ready to fall off. The screw on one end of the strap holding the drain line was broken off and the strap hanging, and the wheel well liner on one end was not secured.

Makes me wonder what else is wrong!
earl9653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:21 PM   #2

We have the enclosed underbelly and I have wondered what's going on under there that we can't see. Too bad they can't do quality control on every Jayco that's comes off the line At least we have two years to get warranty stuff done
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #3

Take it back to the dealer so they will bill Jayco. If there is enough problems over the whole spectrum they may pay more attention to quality controll.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #4

Make a list of things that need attention and note things you have had to do that need attention immediantly, and take it back and raise a little He**.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl9653 View Post
Took delivery of a new 2011 Flight 22FB 3 weeks ago. Parked it and now ready to head out. Got under the TT and was surprised what I found. Two nuts that hold an angle support were near ready to fall off. The screw on one end of the strap holding the drain line was broken off and the strap hanging, and the wheel well liner on one end was not secured.

Makes me wonder what else is wrong!
I had a similar problem last year, after taking delivery of a new Jay Feather Sport.

Two screws holding a metal junction box (for lack of a better word) underneath the trailer had broken, causing the box to just dangle. Perhaps Jayco received a bad batch of fasteners or something? When I got my survey from Jayco, I noted my dissatisfaction with this.
Ray364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #6

On my Pre-Owned 2006 Jayco 29FBS (even at 1.5 years old), I noticed its hot / cold water pipes were backwards in its shower/tub and backwards within its bathroom sink. But, its kitchen taps were the proper H on left and C on right. Something the first owner didn't get corrected. I chatted with my dealer and he said, "no problem". It was fixed soon after. No paper work either. It simply got fixed - with an appology.

Little things do slip past quality control. Or, break soon after delivery. It can happen in any product line. But if a dealer or product maker immediately corrects without hassle or hidding behind unless excuses, then it's a good company to deal with.

Hopefully, they fix your immediate problems FAST (like they did with my Jayco TT) and one can re-focus back onto the good things in life.

Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote