Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2016, 08:09 AM   #11

Just picked up our new Eagle 314BHDS last month and have had several little issues. My son sat on the u dinette and the the brace that was held in place with staples popped right off. I don't think it is reasonable to expect staples alone to work in that situation, at least add some glue. They love their staple guns at Jayco! Anyways, I spent 30 minutes going around and adding some wood screws to all of the braces that were supported that way with staples only. Also had to make a major adjustment to the bathroom door as the latch was way out of line with the receiving hole. But honestly, I expect to make some fixes like this and then you are good to go.

ProPride 3P Hitch - 1400
Houghtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:12 AM   #12

I think if we go through and make some adjustments and additional bracing in areas it can be a solid product. I plan on doing what you did and some bracing in areas.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

borninblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:23 AM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr1967 View Post
Did the staples rust? That is one thing that could cause that.
No rust. Last pic shows the support that did not fail.

Forgot to mention... If anything, this thread was meant to help others when heading out to do their PDI's, and what to pay attention to

We are on our maiden voyage for another two weeks, and will be going by dealer before home. We'll just let them fix everything
Attached Thumbnails
101_4011.JPG   101_4012.JPG   101_4013.JPG   101_4014.JPG   101_3985.JPG  

-2016 Ford F-250 XLT 4x2, 6.2L EFI V8, 4.30 Elec Lock, Heavy duty Alt
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:25 AM   #14

They will fix with more staples. Screws are better!

Old 05-09-2016, 09:51 AM   #15
Site Team

Thanks everyone.

We were thinking screws also. One hiccup is that there is a panel siding covering the lower bunks that they will need to screw into. It looks like it will be difficult to remove that, so hopefully after they screw it, they will have some way of covering the screw for aesthetics
Old 05-09-2016, 10:13 AM   #16
BCK

The queen bed collapsed on ours on the second night. The dealer completely rebuilt it including new plywood and framing. They did a good job and it is completely solid now.

The service advisor told me that Jayco changed the bed framing on the 2016s and lots are breaking. The dealer has just started rebuilding them all during the PDI since they will be fixing them anyway.
BCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:17 AM   #17

Wow, could you take a pic of new framing? How are they rebuilding it?

Old 05-09-2016, 10:26 AM   #18

I would make them fix it right (or do it myself). Putting it back the way it was would be completely unacceptable to me; that needs to be redesigned. I can't imagine any engineer thought butting that horizontal support up against a vertical one (not even on top of) and then stapling was going to hold anything up. I'm surprised it even held as long as it did!?

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:40 AM   #19

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCK View Post
The queen bed collapsed on ours on the second night. The dealer completely rebuilt it including new plywood and framing. They did a good job and it is completely solid now.

The service advisor told me that Jayco changed the bed framing on the 2016s and lots are breaking. The dealer has just started rebuilding them all during the PDI since they will be fixing them anyway.
Our queen bed didn't break, but when dropping off the trailer for other work, we complained that the bed was sagging a lot after the first season. Our dealer rebuilt it, using the same plywood, but with all new framing. It's solid now.

Since nothing was broken, I fully expected that I'd need to do it myself. But, once again, Jayco and/or the dealer exceeded my expectations!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:20 AM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by borninblue View Post
Wow, could you take a pic of new framing? How are they rebuilding it?
X2.... when you get a chance, I would love to see how they fixed it as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
I would make them fix it right (or do it myself). Putting it back the way it was would be completely unacceptable to me; that needs to be redesigned. I can't imagine any engineer thought butting that horizontal support up against a vertical one (not even on top of) and then stapling was going to hold anything up. I'm surprised it even held as long as it did!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Our queen bed didn't break, but when dropping off the trailer for other work, we complained that the bed was sagging a lot after the first season. Our dealer rebuilt it, using the same plywood, but with all new framing. It's solid now.
Since nothing was broken, I fully expected that I'd need to do it myself. But, once again, Jayco and/or the dealer exceeded my expectations!
Thanks everyone. It's nice to know that there are Jayco fixes to this issue. We will request that all lower beds be rebuilt to better standards based on others experiences.