Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-18-2015, 08:20 AM   #1

Lowering the Television Antenna

Brand new 2015 Jayco Eagle HT.

We raised the TV antenna recently and when we tried lowering it, it did not align properly, thus not lowering all the way. I went on the roof and held the antenna in place so that when lowered, it would go all the way down.

Anyone else had this issue and what did you do to fix it. I ask because our dealer is over an hour away and if it is an easy fix, then I'd like to look at it myself.

Thanks.
sgtglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:02 AM   #2

Did you make sure the two arrows were lined up on the crank?
Old 08-18-2015, 09:31 AM   #3

Having never used the antenna previously, no, I did not. I will look at that and thanks.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:57 AM   #4

X2 - just plain forgot to line up the arrows before lowering the antenna on my old fifth and created the same problem. Sorry, don't know how to fix except to do what you did and get up there. Just thought I'd let you know you aren't the first to do that and maybe give others a head up.
MzLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtglenn View Post
Having never used the antenna previously, no, I did not. I will look at that and thanks.
I would not have known either except for the tech walk through we had at the dealership. There's a lot of crap to learn with these things.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:01 AM   #6

I am beginning to learn our walk thru technician didn't cover a whole lot of things. Thanks for the information, it is appreciated.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:02 AM   #7

sgtglenn

Would suggest that before you line up the arrows that you raise the antenna so you are not dragging it across the roof. Then line up the arrows and lower the antenna.
bedrck46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtglenn View Post
I am beginning to learn our walk thru technician didn't cover a whole lot of things. Thanks for the information, it is appreciated.
Yeah, we've only been out twice in ours so far. The first time we didn't really have any technical issues. The second time, we did. The refrigerator did not switch over to Gas when I unplugged from our house power. Didn't realize it until we got to the campground. I checked to make sure that the gas was turned on at the tanks. Then I checked the stove to see if one of the burners would light. They wouldn't and no gas was coming out. Major freak out. I thought we had a gas leak.

It turns out, when I put the RV in storage 2 weeks ago, I turned off the propane. I did this on purpose because it seems like a good practice. When I turned it back on, I didn't clear the gas line of air. The fridge tried several times to turn on with gas. After a few tries, it will stop.

All I had to do to get it to work was attempt to light one of the stove burners until I was successful. Once I did that, the fridge switched over to gas like a champ.

I learned this after a panicked call to my parents who are long-time RVers. This wasn't something that was covered in our walk through. Hopefully somebody else can learn from my screw up.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:41 AM   #9

tylersdad; I've found that most of the time I can turn the fridge off, wait a few seconds and turn it back on and then it will run on propane. I suppose it resets the number of lighting attempts.
Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote