Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-08-2019, 10:00 AM   #21

Big cup of hot water over the tanks. The empty portion will heat up.

The filled portion will remain cold or even show a condensation line. Dad taught me that as a kid.
Trippy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:00 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog3loves View Post
I saw your endorsement for Mopeka and went online. Just ordered two and the monitor for our 40 lb / 10 gal tanks. Hoping for an end to the guessing game of how much is left. Thanks.
Tanks are full and Mopeka sensors seem to work well. The app makes reading tank levels a snap. So far, it looks like I found a winner. Thanks
Hog3loves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:21 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
I have that.. BUT if you use the tank cover you dont know when its changed over till the second tank runs out of propane... I always leave tank 2 turned off then when tank one goes empty I flip it over and know the next day or so to refill tank one...

I know pretty well how long I can go on my 30 gallon tank, but, since I have two and they switch automatically, I check the tank and look for red each time I dump my black tank...about once a week. Not difficult and I've never run out of propane and never had to get up at 2 in the morning to switch tanks. Doesn't seem difficult to me. Over 5 months we only go through 2 to 3 30 gal tanks and that includes some cold temps in the shoulder seasons.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:13 PM   #24

I use the AP Products Bluetooth Tank Check Monitor: https://amzn.to/2WpBKcm. You put them under the tank and it updates the level to your phone. They work very well "most of the time". I had one battery go dead after a couple weeks and one unit died completely so I replaced it but they have worked for several months other than those two issues. Once they are set I can check the level easily or have it notify me when it goes below 20%. Accuracy is very good and gives me the option to ignore it until I get the notification. I just wish the company was more responsive to my questions when I have a problem. Great product though! The link above is for 2 monitors so you can cover 2 tanks. Then only $37 to add more. It will handle several monitors from the same app on your phone.
jasonsele is offline   Reply With Quote