Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2021, 02:01 PM   #21

Here is another vote for the Sewer Solution. Has worked great for many years.
Simple, odorless, self-cleaning and nearly maintenance free (I replaced an o-ring after 10 years or so.).
Powdrhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 02:15 PM   #22

We have one, came with the Rig,, 2016 31ul. I don't always use it but I have used it quite a bit.
It works great! When used properly, if there's a smell then they probably don't know that you're supposed to rinse it out just like dumping a regular hose, the Macerator works with both tanks!
Next...... always make sure you have PLENTY of water in your black tank, the more the better! Add some if you have to.
I have even attached a 100' 3/4" garden hose to it and pumped my entire black tank into a toilet and right into a septic tank! More than once.
But you can make your own decision.
Safe and happy travels!
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 02:23 PM   #23

After I dump my black tank I leave the valve open, close the main and open the gray tank valve, this forces water into the black tank and is a quick way to rinse out the black tank! I can usually do this a couple of times. Then I close the black tank valve and complete the gray tank dump!
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 03:04 PM   #24

Hose

I use 1-1/4 flat firehose. Cheap and rolls up easily. No smells. It not always easy to find the fittings but Amazon has them
derek0godfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:16 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickandBecky View Post
Our Jayco fifth wheel came with the Sanicon system already on it when we bought it new. I was used to the “old fashioned” way of dumping, but have used the Sanicon for over a year and it’s ok. However, if and when our tanks get too full, I have to go out and pull the hose out and turn it on to dump—even when we are at a full hook up site. I don’t like leaving the compartment open and the Sanicon hose out all the time. No smell and no issues though. But...I’ve just started using our normal sewer hose again, and yes, it may take a bit longer, but I just find it easier—that’s just me. May use the Sanicon again, but not sure at this point.
We leave our hose out 24/7 for the last two years with no problems. I let the kitchen grey tank gravity drain because we use our dishwasher every night.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:34 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoBob View Post
Looking for opinions on macerators from those that have them. My main 2 concerns are:

1. I've read some people saying that the hose they use always smells.

2. I have heard of some clogs, which sounds like a real mess to me.
I ordered my Pinnacle with the Sanicon. I pick it up next month so I have no experience as of yet. I plan on using the slinky for long stays, but the Sanicon when traveling and moving park to park. This was the benefit I saw.
Jet Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 06:06 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Pilot View Post
I ordered my Pinnacle with the Sanicon. I pick it up next month so I have no experience as of yet. I plan on using the slinky for long stays, but the Sanicon when traveling and moving park to park. This was the benefit I saw.
I will guarantee that you will not go back to that stinky slinky. I don't even own one!!
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 04-03-2021, 06:55 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Flojet-185550...6782552&sr=8-2

I have the Flo Jet macerator that has bayonet lugs for connecting to my Black / Grey Tank drains. I don't use it often but bought it so I could dump at home into my sewer clean out that is about 40 feet from my driveway. I pump through a 3/4 inch garden hose. I haven't had any issues with it at all. I added alligator clips to the power leads and connect it to the battery when I need to use it. I do flush the hose out after I use it and the hose is dedicated for use with the macerator only....

Yep on the above. My sewer cleanout is 60 feet from my driveway. Sure is nice being able to empty the tanks at home.
Like above, I use a dedicated 3/4 inch garden hose. I empty the grey tank after emptying and flushing the black tank. I don't have any bad smell issues.

Also, I ran red and black wire from my battery under my trailer using aluminum and rubber wire clamps where the screws screw my underbelly chloroplast in all the way back to the black/grey dump valve and put a 2 prong connector on it. Now, I have power right at the dump valve.

https://www.gordonelectricsupply.com...1092ef4276155b

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:15 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
What he said^^^^
Wouldn't leave home without it.
Likewise really like the Sanicon factory installed unit.
nickbnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:24 PM   #30

I use the Flo Jet with a 1 inch 30’ hose from Home Depot. she works great,, not sure why someone is reporting smelly hose., they must not be flushing the hose after the black tank,
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 07:51 AM   #31

I burned up 2 12volt flojets and went to a 120 volt garbage disposal. Works great has way more power. When I’m at my sons back yard I have to pump 100 ft slightly uphill so a 12 volt one might work if you are closer and downhill!
Lorenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:16 AM   #32

I just bought a portable flojet waste pump and a 36 gallon camco tote. Haven't used them yet but plan to use them while boondocking or at a campground that doesn't have sewers. I will fill the tote in the back of the pickup and drive it to the nearest dump station. I also have a 33 gallon fresh water tank and pump to replenish my fresh water. Time will tell how it all works out...
2013 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3
Husky Centerline TS

ChiToones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 12:12 PM   #33

Never once have I sniffed my sewer hose. I'm sure they all smell like poop if you take the time to smell them. Much like with my regular sewer hose, I wouldn't be shoving my macerator hose in my face if I got one.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 02:41 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
Never once have I sniffed my sewer hose. I'm sure they all smell like poop if you take the time to smell them. Much like with my regular sewer hose, I wouldn't be shoving my macerator hose in my face if I got one.

With the built in units that come on the Senecas the whole macerator box would cause the smell, no matter how much you flushed it, just a bad design. There are several different macerator setups and they are all getting lumped into one thread when they are completely different situations.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 03:41 PM   #35

We have one that came with the motorhome, so i can use either set up and both work well. The hose does not smell, but I always do black and gray after. Both hose are store in a plastic container, so leave no mess. I love the macerator when we camp in area where dumping is higher or far away. i have a 50 feet hose 3/4 inch were it came handy a couple of times. Also helpful for dumping at home.
Malyhupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 02:51 PM   #36
DRE

What do they have, is it like a sump pump? Sounds like your saying the black tank dumps to a box that gets pumped out. Is that correct? I don't think that would be good.
Old 04-05-2021, 07:54 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRE View Post
What do they have, is it like a sump pump? Sounds like your saying the black tank dumps to a box that gets pumped out. Is that correct? I don't think that would be good.
Yes, it’s just like that. All the tanks, black and gray dump into the main box and they you could either pump out with the macerator or dump with a slinky. In my case on our 37RB we have 2 black and 2 gray. I would first dump the black tanks and flush both of them several times, they I would dump the two 40 gallon grays and then flush both grays (I added gray flushes) and it would always start smelling up the wet bay. I first just removed the macerator hose and capped it off but the smell was always still there so it was being caused by the sump. Since I never used it, and in 40 years of rving have never needed to pump waste, I just removed it completely. There are several other Seneca owners that have had the same issue and removed them.
Attached Thumbnails
E630A994-7210-4839-BA5D-F90F7EE19E0C.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:22 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiToones View Post
I just bought a portable flojet waste pump and a 36 gallon camco tote. Haven't used them yet but plan to use them while boondocking or at a campground that doesn't have sewers. I will fill the tote in the back of the pickup and drive it to the nearest dump station. I also have a 33 gallon fresh water tank and pump to replenish my fresh water. Time will tell how it all works out...
I bought the Flojet and 2 Camco 21 gallon tanks that sit on either side of the fifth wheel hitch for dry camping. Dump station was about 3 miles drive. Worked very well.
Attached Thumbnails
20201014_103858.jpg   20201014_104653.jpg  

2020 North Point 315RLTS
Ram 3500/Aisin CC, SB, SRW, Superglide
Firestone Ride-Rite Air bags, TST507 TPMS
DrSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:47 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmart View Post
I bought the Flojet and 2 Camco 21 gallon tanks that sit on either side of the fifth wheel hitch for dry camping. Dump station was about 3 miles drive. Worked very well.
I knew there was a reason I didn't dry camping
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 04-06-2021, 01:05 PM   #40

Sanicon Turbo

Our “new to us” Precept came with the Sanicon 700 Turbos macerator factory installed. First outing it didn’t work so I used the traditional hoses (fortunately we had one). Couldn’t find a problem or any special fuses so back to the dealer. The unit had failed but fortunately was still under warranty. Second trip - the macerator worked but the hose quickly developed leaks and, yes, that was sure fun. After some cleanup back to the traditional method. I found a YouTube on replacing the hose and some good suggestions on using gorilla tape on any sharp edges in the storage compartment to protect the hose. They also suggested carrying a spare hose “just in case”... So, I ordered two hoses, a nozzle cap (original is missing), and a spare nozzle. Note that the hose for the turbo is larger than the non-turbo so you need to be careful what you order. (Lots of reading before finding that one.). We’ll see what happens next outing...
JimBH is offline   Reply With Quote