Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #1

magazines on the go

Does anyone have a nook or kindle for on the go reading if so is one better than the other just got nook and it does not have my magazine app (Trailer Life ) not happy did not do homework any ideas?

Jim. Sorry if post in wrong place
team jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #2

I have a droid tablet and use an app for Kindle, I like it, it works well for me.

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #3

magazines on the go

If you are a serious reader nothing beats a straight reader. Like the regular kindle etc.

Have a regular kindle and I love it.

Reason I prefer that over a tablet is the glare is non existent. You could read on the surface of the sun with those things
Ecfeick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:52 AM   #4

I have the Google Nexus 7 android and love it. Now reading outside during the day is difficult for me on it.
Locky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:15 AM   #5

It doesn't look to me like Trailer Life is offered by anyone electronically. Might want to contact them directly and encourage them to make it available on all tablets and other devices.

What Nook do you have? We had Nook Tablets and now Nook HDs and absolutely love them. I have no trouble reading during the day with an anti-glare screen on them except in direct sunlight, which I hate reading in even with paper books. They are excellent readers as well as tablets with access to the Google Play store. Lots of apps available. Zinio is one that has over 5k magazines available. I subscribe to Outdoor Photographer. I can tell you without hesitation that a magazine subscription on a straight B/W reader doesn't hold a candle to one on a color tablet.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #6

Main issue with Kindle is only supports purchases through Amazon. I have a ipad and Nook. I prefer the Nook for reading, but also has additional functionality. The glare on ipad can be difficult, but same is true for anything electronic device.

Trailer Life is available online, at least through itunes.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #7

X2 about Kindle. If you want the best reader Kindle has no peers. If you want a web browser, email, etc, then you need a tablet or the like. Some don't like to be tethered to Amazon but will then get in bed with the Apple store. Guess it a matter of choice there. With Kindle you get a reader. You get your choice of content from Books, news, mags, etc. They are also significantly cheaper than most tablets. An you can read in bright sunlight or the dark [w/paperwhite].
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #8

magazines on the go

Kindle battery life is phenomenal too. Not so much with a tablet.
Ecfeick is offline   Reply With Quote