Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-03-2023, 04:22 AM   #1

Maguire's RV and marine cleaner

I read on this site awhile back on using this stuff to clean an RV from all the stains the sides get over the years. My 2006 with only 60K on the odometer was dirty looking, even with washing and lite power washing. I hired a detailer to clean it, and after $200.00 and a few months later, it was looking bad again.

I contemplated having it wrapped, even got prices for that. Then read on this site about Maguire's RV and marine cleaner. Wow! this stuff really works! The RV looks like new again!

I would only add that you want to use a power buffer to apply, it will save your arms. Afterwards, apply a good wax to protect.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 06:43 AM   #2

I'm a fan of Meguiars. Many many years ago I owned a mobile detail business. After I sold the business and moved on I was looking for an equal product to the quality commercial products I no longer had access to purchase. Years later I found Meguiars and have been using their products for a long time. Always happy with their products and service.
2016 Ram 2500 CC SWB 6.4 Hemi 3:73
2021 Jay Flight 33RBTS- +/- 10,500 lbs. on travel day
Hughes Power Watchdog Bluetooth surge protector
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 09:19 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I read on this site awhile back on using this stuff to clean an RV from all the stains the sides get over the years. My 2006 with only 60K on the odometer was dirty looking, even with washing and lite power washing. I hired a detailer to clean it, and after $200.00 and a few months later, it was looking bad again.

I contemplated having it wrapped, even got prices for that. Then read on this site about Maguire's RV and marine cleaner. Wow! this stuff really works! The RV looks like new again!

I would only add that you want to use a power buffer to apply, it will save your arms. Afterwards, apply a good wax to protect.
I use this, and it has a wax in it which has helped keep things easy to clean between treatments. Are you saying another wax should be used on top of the Maguire's?

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 10:30 AM   #4

I got tired of "wax on" and "wax off" for my TT, even with a power buffer. I switch to this stuff. It's spray on, wipe off.

https://www.professionaldetailingpro...com/bead-maker

I wash using a garden hose with a soap dispenser. For stains, I use this spray before washing. This was recommended by my local RV dealer.

https://www.amazon.com/Reliable-Supe.../dp/B074T34GZM
LukeDagny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 04:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by colby View Post
I use this, and it has a wax in it which has helped keep things easy to clean between treatments. Are you saying another wax should be used on top of the Maguire's?
I did, as my RV was heavily streaked. The Maguires cleaned it up, and since my RV is stored at the house and outside (no cover), I added another coat of carnauba wax for added protection.

I wasn't sure of a spray on, wipe off solution would work for me with the condition the surface was. Maybe now that it's surface is like new again, it could work.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 07:52 AM   #6

Late last year I discovered this stuff. I'm thinking you're referring to the same stuff I linked to below. I had serious fading and dulling on the front of my trailer due to the fact that it got morning sunlight every sunny day for 9 years. Same for the previous trailer. I tried everything I could find. Nothing worked, or at least nothing lasted more than a few weeks. This stuff is like magic. Then I sold the trailer in April. Shame I didn't discover this years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 07:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Late last year I discovered this stuff. I'm thinking you're referring to the same stuff I linked to below. I had serious fading and dulling on the front of my trailer due to the fact that it got morning sunlight every sunny day for 9 years. Same for the previous trailer. I tried everything I could find. Nothing worked, or at least nothing lasted more than a few weeks. This stuff is like magic. Then I sold the trailer in April. Shame I didn't discover this years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
The oxidation remover is the key component. To maintain the look Meguiar's recommends a polish application then a wax application after the oxidation application.
2016 Ram 2500 CC SWB 6.4 Hemi 3:73
2021 Jay Flight 33RBTS- +/- 10,500 lbs. on travel day
Hughes Power Watchdog Bluetooth surge protector
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 10:49 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I did, as my RV was heavily streaked. The Maguires cleaned it up, and since my RV is stored at the house and outside (no cover), I added another coat of carnauba wax for added protection.

I wasn't sure of a spray on, wipe off solution would work for me with the condition the surface was. Maybe now that it's surface is like new again, it could work.
Ahh, I understand now. Mine wasn't that bad and the cleaner wax took care of the black streaks nicely and all summer, a simple wash was all it needed. I reapplied for the winter storage and I'll redo in the spring again as it's just maintenance now.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 03:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry713 View Post
The oxidation remover is the key component. To maintain the look Meguiar's recommends a polish application then a wax application after the oxidation application.
Yep. Maybe because I used to paint and detail cars, but I thought that went without saying. Then again, maybe it did need to be said! Not everyone would know that I suppose.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 06:40 PM   #10

Use Maguire's "Quik Wax". Goes on like water and requires no "wax off". It's actually easier to apply, because you don't have the effort of holding up a heavy power buffer.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 08:05 PM   #11

Just had my RV clean and polished. They used Glare products. Great results. My neighbor using F11, a similar product. Both are different than a wax that sits on top. Read the description.

https://www.glare.com/
saarf is offline   Reply With Quote