Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2017, 06:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarr44 View Post
Thanks! How do you dispose of the grey water from the 20 gallon tote? Do you just pour it down the sewer hose after emptying the tanks?
Blue tote has a sewer hose that attaches from the dump pipe on the trailer to the blue tote. Once full, you roll the tote to the dump station, take the lid off and dump down the hole. You could use the hose for dumping, but with gray water, and if the dump station has a "pit" around the hole, I just directly dump it and rinse the area well with the non-potable water source at the dump.

I also notice you mentioned Solar. Portable panels are fine, but expensive and not very capable. I would suggest to at least consider a full size panel. I bought a 200 watt starter kit from Renogy. I wired up the charge controller to live in the camper and use the two 100 watt panels as portable panels. I just put them in the sun and hook up the cables to the 'solar on the side" plug that I re-wired to go the charge controller. I got 2 Trojan T-105 batteries and between those and the solar, I am full every day (we don't have an inverter) with fridge on propane, water pump and lights when we want them and the occasional portable inverter to watch a movie. You have to have the room to store a full panel though (not an issue for me).
Old 06-04-2017, 06:50 AM   #22

Another tip on conserving grey tank space is wash/rinse dishes in a dish pan and dump that water down the toilet. The black will never get filled using it only as intended from the toilet.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 12:28 AM   #23

Smile

Great idea to dump,dish water into black tank via toilet.
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
16xrb, noob, rookie