Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-29-2021, 06:06 PM   #1

Mattress

Ok, simple question, What's inside a Denver mattress that is made for Jayco?

I have a 2016 23mrb Jayco White Hawk
Oh, by the way, were we're looking for a new mattress.

PaulB12
PaulB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 10:21 AM   #2

Don't know but i bet a MyPillow Mattress Topper will make that factory mattress feel like gold. I actually replaced my factory with a Nectar Mattress and the wife didn't like it, too firm. We got a MyPillow Topper and it turned it into one of the most comfy beds we ever slept in. We ended up getting a topper for our home as well.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 10:29 AM   #3

Don't know what's inside. We also have a 23mrb. We tried a mattress topper but finally decided to purchase a foam mattress and couldn't be happier. The mattress topper did not solve the issue of the mattress just collapsing when we slept on our sides.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 10:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingjw View Post
Don't know what's inside. We also have a 23mrb. We tried a mattress topper but finally decided to purchase a foam mattress and couldn't be happier. The mattress topper did not solve the issue of the mattress just collapsing when we slept on our sides.
you have a good point, putting a topper on the factory mattress may not be a good idea. We put ours on a solid good mattress and it worked out well.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 09:42 AM   #5

Bought a 3 inch memory foam topper and still did not sleep well. Put it on our bed at home and got a Zinus 10 inch short queen and sleep much better than at home. Except just bought a 12 inch Zinus Cloud we got yesterday and plan to sleep on it tomorrow night after it has fully expanded.

I think the Denver is made of old newspaper, used carpet foam and anything else they can sweep up at the factory. Lumpy, had an immediate sag and trashed it happily when we got our Zinus.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote