Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-22-2019, 09:26 AM   #1

Meguiars ceramic spray

Hi, anybody use it on their motorhome yet??
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:53 PM   #2

I actually bought a bottle this weekend and am going to apply it before our June/July trip. Not expecting it to perform as good as it will on a car but I see it's got good reviews. I am wanting to do it to keep the black streaks from sticking around too much. I can't even get mine out completely with a clay bar.
Neo1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:40 PM   #3

I’ve used it on my fifth wheel and my truck. Great results with it

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 01:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
I’ve used it on my fifth wheel and my truck. Great results with it
Tom, I did my entire FW with it. I had one helper and it took us about 3 hours. A little goes a long ways...........only used about 3/4 of a bottle. It's amazing how the water beads and sheds. Looking forward to how easy it will be to wash.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:16 AM   #5

So I just applied this last night to my 26BH. I didn't use it at the directions stated (during the rinse process) but rather as a spray on wax. It REALLY made the trailer shine and actually helped get some bugs, sticker goo and black streaks off of the unit as well. Can't speak for the longevity of it of course but I watched a review and Turtle Wax has a similar product for about a quarter of the cost that lasts longer and is more resistant to chemicals.

I'll do the Turtle Wax product next year and see how it goes but I am sold on the Meguiars stuff right now. Hope the bugs will slide off after our trip next week. Going from WA state and out to Yellowstone in a pretty big loop so I'll be collecting bugs like none other.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1130 View Post
So I just applied this last night to my 26BH. I didn't use it at the directions stated (during the rinse process) but rather as a spray on wax. It REALLY made the trailer shine and actually helped get some bugs, sticker goo and black streaks off of the unit as well. Can't speak for the longevity of it of course but I watched a review and Turtle Wax has a similar product for about a quarter of the cost that lasts longer and is more resistant to chemicals.

I'll do the Turtle Wax product next year and see how it goes but I am sold on the Meguiars stuff right now. Hope the bugs will slide off after our trip next week. Going from WA state and out to Yellowstone in a pretty big loop so I'll be collecting bugs like none other.
I love Mequiar's ceramic wax. Used it prior to the first leg of our journey, about a 200 mile trip through the rain. I was amazed that just the lower part of my 5er just had a slight bit of very light grime. Actually just sprayed it with some light detailer and it came off super easy and still had the shine. As far as bugs are concerned, I had no bugs on the front cap at all. Very unusual for this time of year. If you do get bugs Bug Zapper by Jay Wax is unbelievable. Will literally melt the bugs off in 60 seconds.

https://www.amazon.com/Jax-Wax-BugZa...e&sr=1-1-fkmr1
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1130 View Post

I’m testing out Turtle Wax seal n shine myself. For $6 it’s hard to beat but it’s has traditional spray wax application versus Meguiars spray on hose off

Old 06-11-2019, 11:59 AM   #8

Quote:
I’m testing out Turtle Wax seal n shine myself. For $6 it’s hard to beat but it’s has traditional spray wax application versus Meguiars spray on hose off

Here is a good back to back review.

Old 06-11-2019, 01:33 PM   #9

Yep I’ve watched that one before and many others. [emoji3]

So far, it has performed well. As one YouTube channel posted, the smell is it’s Achilles heel. Unless you like the smell of Brut cologne, then it’s a plus [emoji23]

Old 06-11-2019, 01:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Yep I’ve watched that one before and many others. [emoji3]

So far, it has performed well. As one YouTube channel posted, the smell is it’s Achilles heel. Unless you like the smell of Brut cologne, then it’s a plus [emoji23]

My batch smells like blueberry and original turtle wax... The turtle wax kind of has that oily smell... I like it a lot! LOL!