Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-27-2017, 02:45 AM   #1

Melbourne 29D

Hi everyone, I have just joined the forum, and have the opportunity of buying a 2008 Jayco Melbourne 29D. What are the pro's and con's of this particular vehicle?

I have been searching for a nice B+ RV for a while now, and living in the UK they are thin on the ground. However, I know where there is one coming up for sale very soon, and I could be in with a chance to buy before it goes on the open market.Mainly for two of us, with the occasional couple grandkids coming along.

We will be living in it almost full time, with long winter trips in winter to Spain/Portugal/Morocco/Greece/Italy etc;.

We would hope to be using it throughout the summer months in England/Scotland/Ireland.

Is there anything to consider before I part with a wedge of cash? All information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Craig
simsy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:53 AM   #2

Can you traverse the Chunnel with propane tanks?
Old 12-27-2017, 10:06 AM   #3

Yes, provided they are turned off. But sometimes it's nicer to go by sea ferry from Dover to France, or even better still Portsmouth to Santander in Spain.

Craig
simsy56 is offline   Reply With Quote