Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-06-2014, 10:07 AM   #1

Mounting a t.v. outside Winegard question

I am mounting t.v. outside to existing grill bracket of camper and want to know if I can have my inside t.v. and my outside t.v connected to my winegard satellite? Also if that is possible what is the best way to hook it up/ run the cable line(not permanent) from where the t.v in the living room is off a splitter or from the winegard on the roof?
mossmccormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:44 AM   #2

Not sure about your particular rig but in one of our storage bays we have a connection like this we hook our outside TV to. There's also an outlet in this bay. Check that first if you haven't.

Good Luck!
Attached Thumbnails
photo.JPG  
Old 05-06-2014, 10:47 AM   #3

I appreciate the input but I do not have that connection on my TT 2012 29RLDS.
mossmccormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:42 PM   #4

Here is my plan - if you have a cable connection at the place you want to use the TV, and a cable going from that location to where your box (directv/dish) is, then just leave the box there. The question you will now ask is how and will my remote work. How - you can unplug from one tv and connect to the cable running to where the outside tv is, or buy a cable switch (around $20 on Amazon or Radio Shack or Walmart - allows you to switch where the output will go). For the remote, that is a little more tricky. If you have an RF (radio frequency) remote, it should easily work. If you have an IR (infrared) remote, then you will have to have line of sight to the box (directv/dish) to change the channels. There are IR repeaters or extenders available if this is what you have. Some boxes will let you use a different remote (RF is more what your looking for) - then just buy a RF remote from walmart. There are other tricks out there - wifi hub connected to the box and you can use your phone (you don't need a wifi connection to the internet - it should just see the two devices and allow them to communicate) - etc.
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote