Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-10-2018, 09:23 PM   #1

Mounting a TV in a JayFlight SLX 245RLS

I have a 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 245RLS in which I want to mount a TV in the entertainment centre. My concern is the rear of the entertainment centre backs onto the wall between it and the shower stall in the washroom. I don't know how thick the wall is. I certainly don't want to put screws through the wall and into the shower!
There is no mention in the manual of mounting a TV. I contacted Jayco and they sent me a drawing of the wall in question, which might just as well have been written in Greek.
I asked the service guys at the dealership and they weren't too sure how thick the wall was either but suggested there MIGHT be a 1/2" piece of plywood behind where a TV would be mounted. Lots of assurance there.
I'm wondering if anybody on this forum has the same trailer and has successfully mounted a TV.
Thanks for any and all suggestions/advice.
DarrellD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:17 PM   #2

A stud finder might be able to show you if there is any solid wall there.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:26 AM   #3

I just did the same thing. I used mollies and drilled through the back of the entertainment center. I had no issues. I don't remember measuring wall thickness.
Don Lumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:36 AM   #4

Same trailer here, and I used 1" screws. No problems...
Old 10-22-2018, 10:29 PM   #5

I emailed Jaycee directly about my 2018 267bjsw to find out what the walls are constructed of in the bedroom. Jayco emailed me full drawings of the rv showing where walls and reinforced and wood depths etc. shoot them an email and you will have a much better idea of what your dealing with.
Rastfam is offline   Reply With Quote