Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-01-2010, 10:00 PM   #1

My Great Jayco Dealer

One of the reason I bought locally (and they were very competitive) was what happened today. My built in vacuum system had a problem. The vacuum works great, but one of the attachments that goes on the end of the hose broke. I mean it just came apart. I called my dealer and they checked with Jayco who said the vacuum installation was Jayco warranty, but vacuum accessories were handled by the respective manufacturer of the vacuum. My dealer said if I could drop the broken part off at their office, they would handle with the manufacturer and get a replacement. I was going to be driving by their office late in the day so I dropped the part off.
This is customer service.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:28 AM   #2

It's always nice to hear good stories about dealers.
Our local dealer has been extremely good to us in the 3 years we have owned our Jayco. When I bought our new (to me) truck, they did not charge me to adjust the Equal-i-zer system. When I called to make an appointment, they told me it would be about $50.00. When they finished, they handed my keys back to me and said "Thank You for your Business". I gave the tech $30.00
and told him to enjoy a few cold beers or enjoy a good lunch on me!

I also had a relative purchase a 3 year old trailer from the same dealer. I got a $50.00 certificate for refering my relative to them for the purchase.

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:54 AM   #3

I know making a contact with the vacuum manufacturer isn't a big thing and I certainly could have done it myself, but the fact that the dealer offered and is doing it it major in my book.
I too am expecting a gift certificate from a referral.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:58 AM   #4

When I bought my Jayco from "Field of RV Dreams" here in Calgary in 07, I was told that they had a referral fee but I never thought about it. When I registered my trailer and received my plates (this is a one time fee here), I started talking to the lady about my trailer and she stated that she and her husband were looking for a new unit. I never thought anymore about it until I received a cheque for 200 bucks for my referral. Pssst, anyone want to buy a Jayco?
Albertaguy is offline   Reply With Quote