Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
In SE California in the Imperial Valley. about 90 miles east of Palm Springs, and about 90 mi NE of San Diego. The nearest town is Niland Ca. I am here and set up for the winter....
Good for you. I would have liked to spend a couple of months in Yuma like I did last Jan, Feb but unfortunately this is not possible this year.

You are quite close to San Diego, do you ever go on any last minute cruises? An old military buddy who also winters in Yuma makes it a point of driving to San Diego every year for a cruise and has never been turned away in the years he has tried it, plus the dollar right now really makes it even more attractive.
Albertaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #22

I been thinking of it... but they are no fun alone..... want to find a QT to go with me...
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
I been thinking of it... but they are no fun alone..... want to find a QT to go with me...
On the cruises I have been on there have been lots of QT's, unfortunately my wife did not let me out of her sight.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #24

I read an article that said single guys do not fare well on cruises.
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:41 AM   #25

We live in the country and have mice infestations every few years. If they're popping traps as soon as you set them yet you continue to see them, they've probably bred. Then it's time for the poison. It works great for us. Back in the old days we had a large mobile home on the property that we only visited a few weeks in the summers. We'd put out the pellet boxes, and when we'd return the next year we'd find the poison pellets hoarded somewhere, like under a couch cushion. Last winter was our first with a stored trailer. We built a two-sided garage for it, the floor was decomposed granite with a bit of what passes for grass up here. No signs of mice this spring, even though the barn is right next to the RV garage. This summer I elevated the floor about four inches with dg and packed it, so there's even less likelihood of mice crossing it and getting inside. We'll see. Hopefully the trailer will sell and the garage will sit empty until we get the new Eagle.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #26

Because of the weather I have not been out to the farm to see if my last efforts to rid the mice was successful, but because of the snow and cold I have heard that if they were not in my unit I might be lucky. The only food in my unit was mice poison and they had only consumed or opened two of the poison packages and I still had three packs that were still unopened, so will keep my fingers crossed.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:54 AM   #27

It's been a while since I talked about this issue. I have not been out to the farm since the fall to see if the minor insulation worked to keep the critters away, but yesterday I was talking to a buddy who put me in touch with the first spray foam operator who started up in business years ago and he has sprayed many vehicles, RV's etc. over the years and gave me a great price. The only thing I have to do is remove the black sheets under my 5th wheel and he will take care of the rest. I will now wait until April or May to get it done and hope that more damage was not done in the meantime. Yesterday we had record high temperatures in our neck of the woods which help melt what snow we had left, so it was a good day to think about camping again. This morning we now have a heavy snow fall warning with cold temps coming back in. I hate winter!!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 07:22 AM   #28

I was able to get out to the farm yesterday to check out my 5th wheel, the snow is just about gone and my Eagle had a baby because there was a Jayflight trailer parked next to it. My nephew bought a new one last week. It looks great!!! My unit is really dirty because of all the snow and dirt and my front cap is really dull, so will have to find a good wax to bring it back. My main concern was the possible mouse problem so I was in fear but when I opened the door the first thing I saw was the packs of poison sitting on the floor and unopened, then I went to my front storage area and the same results. It seems that using the spray foam worked to stop the rodents from using the holes that the manufacturer drilled to run wire. I am a happy camper, but a lot of cleaning is in my schedule as well as replacing a couple of batteries for smoke detectors as they were beeping. Come on summer!!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:53 AM   #29

Up here they prefer our house to the RV barn. Had zero problems the last two winters. The floor is decomposed granite. That might help. Still, we'll use all the aforementioned tools, just in case. The mice here collect the poison. Years ago we had a mobile home on this property for summer use. Each spring we'd find the poison boxes empty and look under seat cushions and mattresses until we'd find their stash! BTW, I bought some of those reusable easy to set traps at Wally World a few months ago. Useless. The mice fed on the peanut butter bait and licked it clean. Not a single trap sprung. How the heck do you return four mousetraps!
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk+ View Post
Up here they prefer our house to the RV barn. Had zero problems the last two winters. The floor is decomposed granite. That might help. Still, we'll use all the aforementioned tools, just in case. The mice here collect the poison. Years ago we had a mobile home on this property for summer use. Each spring we'd find the poison boxes empty and look under seat cushions and mattresses until we'd find their stash! BTW, I bought some of those reusable easy to set traps at Wally World a few months ago. Useless. The mice fed on the peanut butter bait and licked it clean. Not a single trap sprung. How the heck do you return four mousetraps!
How do you return four mousetraps? One at a time. LOL. Just kidding, but mousetraps would not work for me as I can't get out to the farm everyday and I know how units can start to stink. At least with poison they dry up with no smell. I hope I never have to find out. My unit is sitting in a field but I have it parked on boards and my tires are covered as well as my AC.