Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-26-2020, 09:03 PM   #1
Nan

Lights Flicker?

Has anyone ever had the lights flicker ? Sometimes when extending the slide they will flicker. Also sometimes when we walk through the camper. Mechanics couldn’t find anything. We have a 2016 Jay flight . Thx Nan
Nan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:31 PM   #2

You have a short somewhere. I would start with checking your ground wires from the main fuse box to the frame, battery to frame and to the slide. If they check then I would look for loose wires at the switch(s).

Also, check that all the wires running into the main fuse box are tight, they can loosen up or not be tightened properly at the factory.
A long time ago I had a short in a car. A guy had a radio direction finder and kept running pulses through the wiring harness until he found a rear marker bulb socket had a short. (radio waves from sparks can be traced).
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 10:50 AM   #3
Nan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
You have a short somewhere. I would start with checking your ground wires from the main fuse box to the frame, battery to frame and to the slide. If they check then I would look for loose wires at the switch(s).

Also, check that all the wires running into the main fuse box are tight, they can loosen up or not be tightened properly at the factory.
A long time ago I had a short in a car. A guy had a radio direction finder and kept running pulses through the wiring harness until he found a rear marker bulb socket had a short. (radio waves from sparks can be traced).
Thank you. I’ll check on getting g a radio direction finder
Nan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 12:47 PM   #4

`Check your battery connection too. I had a positive post that had loosened up just enough that the lights would flicker sometimes.