Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-28-2022, 01:55 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tundra View Post
So is this for an RV that's been at the site for a certain amount of time, like a seasonal site or storage?

Or are you saying that if we go camping for a week over New Years (say arrive 12/26 and depart 1/2) and drive home with our trailer they send us a tax bill if the assessor happened to drop by while we were there camping?
If you are referring to my comments, the property isn't a "campground", it's private rural property owned by me.

In the past, people were taxed for permanent structures. A "mobile home" was considered permanent. An RV was not taxed because it was basically a Vehicle" and was not bolted down. They changed that regulation.

Assessors don't "send you a bill", they notify you of an increase in assessment and the higher tax amount will show up when you get your next county or school taxes.

In my case, the RV WAS permanent. I had no plan to move it ever, so I couldn't really complain.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 06:51 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsmjim View Post
If you are referring to my comments, the property isn't a "campground", it's private rural property owned by me.

In the past, people were taxed for permanent structures. A "mobile home" was considered permanent. An RV was not taxed because it was basically a Vehicle" and was not bolted down. They changed that regulation.

Assessors don't "send you a bill", they notify you of an increase in assessment and the higher tax amount will show up when you get your next county or school taxes.

In my case, the RV WAS permanent. I had no plan to move it ever, so I couldn't really complain.
No, I was referring to some of previous posts discussing campgrounds.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 07:04 AM   #63

Quote:
No, I was referring to some of previous posts discussing campgrounds.
If you were in a "campground", why would an assessor care if you were there renting the space for a week? And if he did come by, wouldn't he send the "bill" to the owner of the business?
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 07:30 AM   #64

Quote:
So is this for an RV that's been at the site for a certain amount of time, like a seasonal site or storage?

Or are you saying that if we go camping for a week over New Years (say arrive 12/26 and depart 1/2) and drive home with our trailer they send us a tax bill if the assessor happened to drop by while we were there camping?

Actually, the campground is supposed to inventory the campers there at that time and submit to the tax office. Crazy it is. If you boondock somewhere in the state during those dates, you are golden.
Old 08-29-2022, 08:03 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsmjim View Post
If you were in a "campground", why would an assessor care if you were there renting the space for a week? And if he did come by, wouldn't he send the "bill" to the owner of the business?
I have no idea, hence my question.

Refer to posts #9, 14, 27 and 64 and you will see why I asked in the first place.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 12:18 PM   #66

What happens if you just ignore it and not pay it?
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote