Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-27-2020, 03:58 PM   #1

Need some help

Hello everyone, I need some help. I was setting up a digital tv box provided to me by our RV park, and I could not get it set up in the living room TV. It only works in our bedroom, and would love to figure out how to set it up in the living room. I have the pedestal cable hooked into our RV AUX, and then I just hooked up the cable from the box to the satellite/aux port beside the TV. First time doing this so maybe I'm doing something wrong on the other tv?
Jayco north point 19
Cbl Fam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 04:26 PM   #2

Your RV has a distribution system for cable, antenna, etc...to feed all the TVs in the RV. Depending in your specific RV, is where this is, and how this video distribution system works...since you connected the camps cable box to the Bed Room TV, that's why you are not able to see on the other TVs. There are several variables in plan in order to distribute video out of one cable box to several TVs, like in a house, need a distribution box, video signal splitter and amplifier, etc, in order to drive the signal to all the TVs. But again, without understanding your specific RV distribution setup, hard to tell. Recommend contacting the dealer or JAYCO to get the details on how the RV is set up for TV Antenna distribution, external camp cable distribution, etc.

r,

Topperace
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 04:30 PM   #3

Also, there is another thread on the site from MTOverall, back in 2018, but again depending on your RV model, may be different.... Cable tv inputMTOverall 08-26-2018 06:20 PM
Old 04-27-2020, 04:36 PM   #4

I did try to call, but unfortunately they we're already closed for the day. I will try again tomorrow.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:09 PM   #5

Copy, back in late February we bought a North Point 383FKWS, only been able to take it out for a week to test all the mechanical and plumbing, but haven't done the video distribution check yet with Camp cable connection...when we are able to get out and camp again, will check this out...if I find out anything will post again as I too am interested in understanding how this JAYCO config works...nothing in manual.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:22 PM   #6

I figured it out , just had to switch the pedestal cable from aux to satellite.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:12 AM   #7

Hello,

We purchased our 2019 37MDQS last year and really love. It had have an issue with our ICE MAKER where is overflows the tray, sprays water down the inside door and makes slabs of ice instead of smaller cubes.

Has any one run across the phenomena?
casperh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable tv