Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-20-2018, 04:05 PM   #1

New 264bh - First impressions/Newbies

We are so excited. We just picked up our new 264bh. After reading a lot over the past 2 weeks, while waiting for our pick up day, I was starting to feel a little concerned seeing others post pics of poor workmanship or reading stories about bad dealerships.

We downloaded one of the PDI’s that we found here on the forum (thank you) and I was “locked and loaded” to ensure we were satisfied. Our pickup time was scheduled for 9am and we arrived about 10 minutes early. The owner of the dealership met us at the door, greeted us with coffee, and our salesman was standing next to him to welcome us.

The tech that did our walk through was the owners son (tech manager). He saw my clipboard and PDI and welcomed any questions or comments. After 2.5 hours we finally made it all the way through my list. There were 2 minor cosmetic issues that were fixed while we were met by the owners oldest son (service manager) who spent another hour with us going through maintenance of our new trailer. After which the parts department spent another hour with us going through all of the possible stuff we might want and gave us a 50 credit for store purchases. We purchased a Maxx air vent, sturdier handle, and mud dauber screens that were installed while we finalized the paperwork. Afterwards the service manager met us again to go over the Blue Ox WD and get us road ready.

Almost 6 hours later we finally drove off the lot. I cannot even begin to say how thrilled we were with our experience! Our maiden trip will be tomorrow night at a state park 20 minutes from home. The owners also plan monthly camping trips with customers and have an owners rally once a year! How refreshing to have this experience and know that we were indeed welcomed to their rv family.

If you are anywhere near Richmond, Va, SouthernRV and the Patterson family is the place to go!

Sorry this was so long, but we just so excited 😆.

Milissa
2004 GMC Yukon 4x4 5.3l
BlumoonTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:20 PM   #2

Good for you and congratulations on your purchase!!
Safe travels and enjoy yourself
Old 07-20-2018, 04:55 PM   #3

Awesome! And congratulations on your new Jay Flight.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:00 PM   #4

Sounds like your dealer was really thorough! Enjoy your Jayco Jay Flight!
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:02 PM   #5
Site Team

Hope you enjoy your first trip in the new rig.

It's refreshing to hear of a dealer that goes the extra mile to show you some things about your new purchase instead of just pushing you out the door.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:33 PM   #6

I was so impressed with this dealer, especially seeing other folks having such bad experiences. They have already made us a 90 day check up appointment so that we can bring it in and they can go through a modified prep to make sure everything is tight and working properly. And the camping trips with the owners is to help out newbies like us.
2004 GMC Yukon 4x4 5.3l
Old 07-20-2018, 06:37 PM   #7

They were extremely thorough! I took a lot of notes and hopefully we won’t forget everything by tomorrow night ��
2004 GMC Yukon 4x4 5.3l
Old 07-21-2018, 01:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlumoonTravelers View Post
I was so impressed with this dealer, especially seeing other folks having such bad experiences. They have already made us a 90 day check up appointment so that we can bring it in and they can go through a modified prep to make sure everything is tight and working properly. And the camping trips with the owners is to help out newbies like us.
Try not to let our negative experiences scare you. As with any product these days, it’s really the luck of the draw when it comes to quality control. I imagine there are days where workers are tired, overworked, or even hungover and quality suffers. The next day, they’re on their A-game.

It really does help if you’re handy and able to tackle most issues yourself, but if you’re like me and missed an entire massively warped wall on the PDI, at least it’s comforting to know that it will be as good as new when we get it back from repair in the spring.

Congratulations and Happy Camping!
Menchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 04:29 AM   #9

Menchie - I am sorry to hear about your wall. I will admit to being a little “type A” and was really planning on being hypercritical on the PDI. As excited as we were, we both decided to be as unemotional as possible.

I am cautiously optimistic that we have stumbled upon the elusive unicorn of RVs, a decent TT and a fabulous dealer.

We did not have unrealistic expectations about the TT itself. It is, after all, a house on wheels going down the roads at 60mph.
2004 GMC Yukon 4x4 5.3l