Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-30-2020, 06:34 PM   #41
Site Team

Almost everywhere we've been has their rules on their website. The state parks here all have a brochure with a map, the rules and regulations, and a brief history of the park. They're free to pick up where you register in. The private campgrounds will have some various rules specific to them. Most are generally similar to what has been mentioned above. Some are more strict, especially about kids, bikes, helmets, and speed in the park.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 06:54 PM   #42

Pick up your pet poop
Be friendly you can meet some great people
Don't walk across others camp sites
Enjoy and have fun
maryk12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 07:39 PM   #43

As a camp host please clean up after your pets. Leave your site better then you found it. Don't take short cuts thru someone else campsite. But biggest Don't be afraid to ask for help. We helped alot of people that just were not sure and needed some reassurance.. enjoy the adventure. Life doesn't get any better.
Poppyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:01 AM   #44

Most of the suggestions are worthwhile bur the one that gets on my nerves more than anything are the people and their leaf blowers. There is a thing called a "broom" that does just as well and makes no obnoxious noise. Should try one sometime
Old 10-01-2020, 07:17 AM   #45

One great source of information (and entertainment) is our own "Bone head" thread:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ment-1576.html

Read through there for some entertaining and educational anecdotes from those of us who have been there and done that.

And I will second the notion that your own attitude has A LOT to do with how you experience this hobby (and many other things).

Have a positive attitude, have a sense of humor and be able to laugh at yourself. And perhaps most importantly, have a bit of cash in your pocket and a high-limit credit card for those "oh crap" moments you're likely to encounter along the way.

I know that's not really about "etiquette" so much, but I see so many people get all bent out of shape when challenges come their way. They get angry, belligerent, get their blood pressure all up, and when they're done ranting and raving, they're still left with the same problems. I know I've been guilty, and have to tell myself "Take a deep breath, step away if you need to, focus on the problem and work on solving it; getting angry and stomping around isn't helpful or productive".

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:21 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp877 View Post
Most of the suggestions are worthwhile bur the one that gets on my nerves more than anything are the people and their leaf blowers. There is a thing called a "broom" that does just as well and makes no obnoxious noise. Should try one sometime
I totally see where you're coming from, but it can be very difficult and dangerous to get up on the roof to sweep off the top of your slideout. I know lots of people use leaf blowers to accomplish that task safely. But I agree with you for site cleanup. We carry a broom and know how to use it.

It's the aforementioned impact guns on stab jacks that annoy me the most... Why? ... Just ... why?

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:52 AM   #47

If you're new to the dump station, get all those hoses and clear elbows out of their original packaging before you pull up to the dump station while 6 others are behind you. Just witnessed it 2 weeks ago...

We're all new at some point...
Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:46 AM   #48

Relax have fun and remember to clean up your campground space before you leave. I am tired of cleaning up after the last person. Otherwise take your time setting up, have fun watching watching others trying to figure it out. Sometimes you learn a thing or two. Happy Trails.
spark of insanity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 11:33 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
I totally see where you're coming from, but it can be very difficult and dangerous to get up on the roof to sweep off the top of your slideout. I know lots of people use leaf blowers to accomplish that task safely. But I agree with you for site cleanup. We carry a broom and know how to use it.

It's the aforementioned impact guns on stab jacks that annoy me the most... Why? ... Just ... why?
Being poor at heights myself, I want to avoid getting on the roof at all if I can. I carry a broom with an extending handle I can clear my slide roofs from the ladder next to them and not need a leaf blower or to get on the roof.
2003 Ford F250 6.0 Diesel (Sold)
Reese Steadi-Flex (Sold)
DH, SWMBO, DS, & Dog
jpgale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:54 PM   #50

Smile Newbies too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodek View Post
My wife and I just purchased our new Jayco 25RB. We will be starting our camping trips this spring. We want to be good campers, neighbors and stewards on the road.

What are your do's and don'ts?

Pet peeves?

Campground etiquette?

We listen to experience!
Hi...we travel for work across Western Canada...in a new campsite every week, give or take. So we have seen a lot of campsite behaviour that is good, and some not so good.

My pet peeves: neighbours playing their stereo LOUD! Kids..especially young girls just screaming at each other. In this pandemic...people who don't wear masks inside and who don't social distance.
My likes - 99% of people in the campsites are very friendly and love to chat about their travels, kids, dogs.

We also look at other rigs setups and see if we can glean any tips for setting up, organizing gear, etc. Because of that we have a acquired a water pressure regulator, a poop hose support thing (because gravity) and an elbow for sewer hookups, an elbow to connect to our rig water and water filter and a power surge protector. Latest gizmo is a clear elbow you hook up to your grey and black tanks that you can attach a hose to.....to blast out your tanks once they are empty. Never thought I would say this but it's pretty cool. We now have a Woody's RV catalogue and browse thru it.

There is a lot to remember but each set up gets easier and faster.

Lots of great info here and on RV FB pages too.
Ronsallycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 04:34 PM   #51

Send a message via Skype™ to viking42
As others have mentioned, please turn off your lights, many of us would rather look at the stars more than your lights.
Leave the political signs home. Camping is not the place to make a political statement.
Once we were camping in Montana and a neighbor had a very large American flag on a pole. It made a huge racket. As you may know Montana seems to be windy all the time. Not sure how that person slept with the flag and pole noise. Flag etiquette suggests bringing the flag in at night or light it but lighting it is inappropriate in a campground too.
viking42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:48 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodek View Post
My wife and I just purchased our new Jayco 25RB. We will be starting our camping trips this spring. We want to be good campers, neighbors and stewards on the road.

What are your do's and don'ts?

Pet peeves?

Campground etiquette?

We listen to experience!
Congratulations! You are gonna love it! I would recommend keeping an eye on your rearview. If you get a car or two behind you, on a two lane road, where it's hilly and twistie, look for a place to pull over and let them pass. Don't crash, or put yourself in a bad place pulling off the road, but when the opportunity presents, put your signal on and pull off. They'll be appreciative and you will enjoy the drive much more without someone breathing down your neck.
Also, remember you'll have a taller and wider profile, so watch trees/bushes overhanging on side streets, parking lots, and back roads. I keep my chainsaw and a heavy duty pair of limb trimmers in my truck. I boondock a lot so they are a must for me, but if you have them and have the room to take them, they may just save your butt!
YelloDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:04 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking42 View Post
As others have mentioned, please turn off your lights, many of us would rather look at the stars more than your lights.
Leave the political signs home. Camping is not the place to make a political statement.
Once we were camping in Montana and a neighbor had a very large American flag on a pole. It made a huge racket. As you may know Montana seems to be windy all the time. Not sure how that person slept with the flag and pole noise. Flag etiquette suggests bringing the flag in at night or light it but lighting it is inappropriate in a campground too.
Good points here. Our last trip, more than one camper was flying a flag or displayed signs for a political candidate. Another had a religion flag as well. Those flying the U.S. flag left ‘em up in the dark every night. Just wrong. Sure, you have a right to your political views, but save them for your stick and brick and just enjoy camping.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:45 AM   #54

I guess my biggest one is CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR PET. It really bugs me about how people will take their pet to someone else's camp site to poop. I don't like being a snitch but they should be reported. Another is cigarette and cigar butts.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:24 AM   #55

Welcome! There has been some great advice given here. If you don't mind I will tell you how DW and I hold that backing in thing to a low roar.

We use walkie talkies( make sure you have them turned on ). I stop short of our site ( I turn the truck off ) and we both figure out where we want the trailer. We only use two words--- STOP and GOOD. I will start SLOWLY to back in, if I hear stop -i stop, get a look and make my adjustments SLOWLY. If I only hear stop 2 or 3 times i am doing pretty darn good. When DW says good i set the park brake,put it in park and turn it off. I then get out and tell DW " damn were getting good at this "!!!! I hope this will help hold the stress down.
1984 gmc k1500 4x4 s/w/b. s/b 350,700r4,373 diff,.restored and upgraded( retired - sold). 2022 Chevy Z-71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab s/w/b 6.2 gas a/t. 2018 hummingbird Baja 16mrb,Yamaha ef2400ishc inverter.
Happy wife / happy life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 03:37 PM   #56

I think you are on the right track. I think picking up after a pet and picking up your trash (should it blow away) are the biggest things, along with observing quiet time. If you have a golf cart or other type vehicle, others don't need to hear the music blaring as you ride around time after time, after time, after time...you get the idea. I don't so much mind the political signs or flags. That's what's wrong today, people can't simply agree to disagree. Some of the nicest campers we've met may have had a different political stance (if it came up at all), but we all enjoyed ourselves because we didn't dwell on it and try to start an argument.

To make it simple, pets and noise and usually the most important things to consider in regards to others at a campground. Have fun and enjoy the journey!
ShotgunZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 03:51 PM   #57

Late arrival. We never do it after bedtime. We did once and it warnt pretty and I apologized the next day to those camping on either side of us. The spots were tight. The lights annoying .. As hubby is deaf I should learn not to bother yelling. I have gotten better... only if he is going to hit something.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 04:31 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp877 View Post
I'm one of those campers who uses a leaf blower to blow off my slide-off roof, but I do it very quickly, primarily for safety reasons.

It only takes a few seconds, especially if you use a quality one like the one posted below.

1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 05:28 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MEEKER View Post
I'm one of those campers who uses a leaf blower to blow off my slide-off roof, but I do it very quickly, primarily for safety reasons.

It only takes a few seconds, especially if you use a quality one like the one posted below.
Yep, most electric leaf blowers aren't too loud at all. I have seen the occasional gas-powered leaf blower. A little excessive to take camping, but so is using an impact wrench for stabilizers instead of a drill. I have a rechargable leaf blower that stays with the camper. Not a fancy one, mind you, but it works great and has minimal noise. Works good for getting water and/or snow of the roof and slides, too.
ShotgunZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:49 AM   #60

As it all has been said here already:
Enjoy
Be Friendly
Keep it Clean
Keep it Quite
Take your time
Don't be afraid to ask for help or have a question (99.999% of campers are great neighbors) always willing to lend a hand or advice.
Marshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote