Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-05-2022, 03:40 PM   #1

New Jayco - Fresh Water Fill

I recently purchased a 2022 Jayco TT 284BHOK.

I am used to the older style fresh water fill where you open the cap stick a hose in and fill till it's full. My new trailer has a bay compartment with all of the controls and the freshwater connection is through a pressurized hose.

I was told not to travel with a full tank due to the load on the tank and the overflows possibly draining the capacity.

Finding a pressurized hose on the road is not always easy and most gas station water fills are a nozzle fill and not a threaded hose.

My question: is there a secondary standard water fill port on the unit or is the only freshwater connection through a pressurized source?

Greatly appreciate any info that the group can provide.

Thank you, John
Johntgreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 03:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johntgreenwood View Post
I recently purchased a 2022 Jayco TT 284BHOK.

I am used to the older style fresh water fill where you open the cap stick a hose in and fill till it's full. My new trailer has a bay compartment with all of the controls and the freshwater connection is through a pressurized hose.

I was told not to travel with a full tank due to the load on the tank and the overflows possibly draining the capacity.

Finding a pressurized hose on the road is not always easy and most gas station water fills are a nozzle fill and not a threaded hose.

My question: is there a secondary standard water fill port on the unit or is the only freshwater connection through a pressurized source?

Greatly appreciate any info that the group can provide.

Thank you, John
There should be a setting called "Country Fill" or "Tank fill" where you use the pump to put water in the tank. It functions similar to "Winterizing" only the water goes into the tank. I had a 5 gal jug and also a 40 gal water bladder just for that purpose. And...
Attached Thumbnails
goofywelcom.jpeg  
Old 10-05-2022, 04:57 PM   #3

The way the panel on my 274CKDS works I use the Sanitize setting. It allows water to be drawn out of a container, using the onboard pump, and directed to the FW tank.
There is no country fill or tank fill depiction on the lever diagram, but the Sanitize setting does the same thing. I only learned this by going through the B&B manual (people who made the panel).

Good luck

Edit: Actually, there is a tank fill setting but it is used to fill FW tank from pressurized source according to the manual. In reality, the lever settings are the same as Sanitize.
2017 Silverado 1500 DC 5.3L 4x4 LT (sold)
2021 Sierra 2500 SLT CCSB 4x4 (gas)
E4 16/1.6 hitch
Wxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 05:46 PM   #4

There are those that travel with FW tanks empty, and those that travel with them full. I've heard many of the arguments to travel empty, but I have always traveled with full FW tanks whenever we dry camp or boondock. Never had a problem yet.

If you put inexpensive irrigation on/off valves on your FW overflow tubes, they will prevent water siphoning out when you travel. Just remember to open the valves while filling the tanks, and when using them at your campsite.

The only time I close these valves is when traveling. Otherwise, they remain open.
Old 10-05-2022, 06:43 PM   #5
CAG

I guess it depends on the distance for full or not. When we dry camped three hours or so away we traveled with full tanks but then we were boon-docking. In cross country trips are trips where we would be staying in campgrounds there was no reason to carry full tanks and it was just more weight.

Make the decision by the circumstances.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote