Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-11-2023, 12:53 PM   #21

This is a Jayco owners forum. It is not an I Worship My Jayco Owners forum.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 01:04 PM   #22

Exactly. Owners forum. Seems like complaining to someone who could actually help would have been a better use of the OPs time. Instead, they decided to troll the Jayco owners here.
Old 03-11-2023, 01:17 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodeen View Post
Just purchased new Jayco Jay Flight 40Loft. Very disappointed. First night we slept in it we had no heat in the kitchen or living room. Techs looked at it and rerouted the heat ducts, that worked the next day know we have no heat again. It seems the main furnace is not working. Quality of unit is very poor, very hard to lock or unlock outside door or patio door, finall give up using sliding patio door. Numerous other deficiencies. We made a big mistake buying Jayco.
I note that your location is Langley....if you are in Langley BC and dealing with Traveland, you have my deepest sympathy. My advise to you is to MAKE THEM FIX IT. Don't ask nicely, don't deal with the dipwad in the service department, go straight to management and make them accountable. We bought a Jayco tent trailer from them in 2016 and it was a total lemon - so many defects, including the fact that it leaked like a sieve. We never even got to use it. After throwing numerous temper tantrums we were finally offered a full refund or full credit towards any unit we wanted. We end up buying a 2018 Jayco hybrid and couldn't be happier. Yes, there were a few problems with it, but they were fixed promptly....obviously something was on our file because it was done promptly and without argument. The squeaky wheel does get the grease. Good luck!
HFoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 02:01 PM   #24

PopyCock Indeed

I have to agree with ScoobyMike. The fact that the OP purchased a new and expensive product and so naively held the expectation that things should "work" should allow him to rant if it makes him feel better. But for so many to imply it was partially his own fault for not doing a complete PDI reflects the sad state of the industry. More importantly the very fact that we all say.. "yep, that's the way it is" only perpetuates the problem. There is no other industry that could get by with the poor quality control that these attitudes have allowed to continue in the RV industry. I just picked up my new truck. Gosh, not one minute spent to make sure the windows went up and down and the heater worked and it is far more complicated and in fact less expensive than many a 5er.

davolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 02:10 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
Exactly. Owners forum. Seems like complaining to someone who could actually help would have been a better use of the OPs time. Instead, they decided to troll the Jayco owners here.
The fact that the OP came here to rant at other owners is exactly my point. Others here found my response "Unwelcoming" for which I do not apologize.

The OP came here with an agenda and clearly had no intention of looking for guidance or direction. I was not rude in my response only factual...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 06:59 PM   #26

Heater Issue

Had same issue with my 2020 27RL. Turned out to be loose spade connector on the fan fly/sail switch. Little tricky to get at since no outside access. Recrimped new spade terminal and no problem since.
jmathia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 09:42 PM   #27

wow

It is to bad we have such low expectations for what we have spent our money on. I to have had frustrating experience with my 2021 pinnacle. Yes this is my first post but the only way to improve quality is to expect a better built unit. Back in the 70s the automobile industry had an aditude that the customer's were coming through the door faster than we could tic them off. Then the foreign car manufacturers forced the big three to make big changes. We need to be that force.
Papa steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 06:34 AM   #28

Hey now, may I say to our disgruntled owner, don’t despair! We bought a new White Hawk a few years ago and sure enough, we had problems with heater and a few other things. More than I was willing to chalk up to glitches or issues. But we found a great Jayco dealer on the road in North Carolina who took care of a major heater issue and along the way we brought it back to dealer and they always took care of all our problems. I was beginning to think it was a lemon, early on, but it turned out to be a total rock star! We recently traded up to our beautiful spacious Eagle HT tag along and I’m in total heaven! So very glad I stayed with Jayco and I’ll tell you I compared this one with the similar Grand Design and I discovered the difference to be fairly minor and my White Hawk was toe to toe with Grand Design on may levels, but with mucho denaros difference in price!!! I’m talking about structural design and integrity to many interior features. We’re heading to the Grand Canyon in a few weeks, after just trekking around Myrtle Beach, and I’m a J Bird (not to be mistaken for jail bird) fa life!
Eaglehaslanded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 07:41 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
The fact that the OP came here to rant at other owners is exactly my point. Others here found my response "Unwelcoming" for which I do not apologize.

The OP came here with an agenda and clearly had no intention of looking for guidance or direction. I was not rude in my response only factual...
My most charitable guess is the OP thought this was an official communication channel to Jayco and a way to let the company know about his displeasure.

My least charitable, and mostly because I am an administrator for another forum and deal with this regularly, is a troll who doesn't even own a Jayco.
TaftCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 09:30 AM   #30

Quote:
My most charitable guess is the OP thought this was an official communication channel to Jayco and a way to let the company know about his displeasure.
Which is probably very accurate since he has posted a question looking for help.
Old 03-12-2023, 10:11 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Which is probably very accurate since he has posted a question looking for help.
X2

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 07:53 AM   #32

Quote:
What good is this site if the owners can't or are not willing to help?
Gary_Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 08:04 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_Miller View Post
They are willing to help, but you need to ask a question, or for guidance and not just complain or rant about an issue.
Old 03-13-2023, 08:06 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_Miller View Post
Odd question. What kind of Answer are you looking for?
1984 gmc k1500 4x4 s/w/b. s/b 350,700r4,373 diff,.restored and upgraded( retired - sold). 2022 Chevy Z-71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab s/w/b 6.2 gas a/t. 2018 hummingbird Baja 16mrb,Yamaha ef2400ishc inverter.
Happy wife / happy life is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no heat in frt of trailer