Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-17-2021, 11:12 AM   #1

New reason for factory delays

I just got a email from my dealer that my June ETA is now July. Maybe. They cite a resin shortage. Looks like Josh from Haylett RV was right.

Fiberglass Shortage

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 11:26 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
I just got a email from my dealer that my June ETA is now July. Maybe. They cite a resin shortage. Looks like Josh from Haylett RV was right.

Fiberglass Shortage
And the poor FOREST RIVER customers have an even bigger problem, one of their laminating plants burned yesterday.

Fire Hits Forest River Lamination Plant in Goshen, Ind

https://rvbusiness.com/fire-hits-for...in-goshen-ind/
Old 03-17-2021, 11:32 AM   #3

Maybe that means more resin for Jayco !

Old 03-22-2021, 10:18 AM   #4

to me........ it seems like every excuse under the sun for being late, is the norm now days,
covid, workforce, or what ever they can think of, to cover there poor scheduling skills,

if /when I order anything, if its not currently in stock, or available in 24hrs,
I pass and move on to someone who does have it,
1oldmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 01:58 PM   #5

We ordered a Redhawk 26XD January 4th. Advised it was scheduled to be coming off the line in March. We are now being informed that it would be the end of May or early June.
Very frustrating with trips planned.
JTS344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 02:01 PM   #6

Maybe somebody will know what this actually means. I recently switched my order from a Greyhawk to a Precept. My Greyhawk order was also pushed to July delivery. However, my Precept order seems to be one further along in the queue. As evident by the fact that Jayco has a VIN assigned to my order, even though they have not yet started building it yet.

My dealer tells me they have high confidence it will be built on time since I have a VIN and the factory rep verified the timeline.

If Jayco cuts a VIN, that’s probably a good indicator right?

Old 04-17-2021, 08:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1oldmf View Post
to me........ it seems like every excuse under the sun for being late, is the norm now days,
covid, workforce, or what ever they can think of, to cover there poor scheduling skills,

if /when I order anything, if its not currently in stock, or available in 24hrs,
X2
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 09:59 PM   #8

Ordered a Jay Flight 28BHS mid-Jan. Dealer expected delivery late Mar. Mid-Mar dealer told me early to mid-April. This week dealer said June. We canceled the order yesterday; got our deposit back (easy dealing/working with RV One).

DW and I have little confidence the June date will hold, so we will use our trouble free 2010 25BHS for one more season.

I asked what the issue is/are causing the delay(s); sales rep did not know.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:58 AM   #9

Same for me. I have a 2021 Seismic 4212 on order, placed in early Jan of this year. Was told then mid April production, but I had my doubts. Followed up last week with an email direct to Jayco and ended up getting a phone call from the regional sales manager. Now it looks like I can expect to see it in mid to late July. Once again, I have my doubts...will see I guess
loydt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 10:03 AM   #10
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1oldmf View Post

Good luck with that. Try finding reloading components or anything related. That is not the only shortage and a good many of them are legit. It has little to nothing to do with scheduling and more to do with factories working at less than minimum staffing. World supply of various items subject to staffing in all areas of production.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote