Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2019, 08:19 PM   #1

New table mount for 2020 ?

Looking at pictures of the new Jayco 2020 trailers I saw this for the first time.
Attached Thumbnails
B8CEDDC5-74EB-4D83-978F-CEBA9473F0A7.jpg  
Old 07-15-2019, 08:24 PM   #2
Site Team

Does the forth person have to sit on the ottoman??

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 01:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
Looking at pictures of the new Jayco 2020 trailers I saw this for the first time.
And I predict a short shelf life for that. I don't see anything that arrangement improves upon, but do see short comings.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 05:58 AM   #4

How would you get in on the right hand side. looks like you have to get in on the left-hand slide and slide all the way over. Good luck with the seat cushions lasting more than a few months before they’re worn out

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
And I predict a short shelf life for that. I don't see anything that arrangement improves upon, but do see short comings.
Don't be too sure about that. In either 2012 or 2013 the industry went to a weird collapsible rack design for some of the stand alone tables that double as a bed. It's heavy and is a pinch hazard. I complained about it and replaced mine right away. Lots of people hate these. Yet, they are still using them.

DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Don't be too sure about that. In either 2012 or 2013 the industry went to a weird collapsible rack design for some of the stand alone tables that double as a bed. It's heavy and is a pinch hazard. I complained about it and replaced mine right away. Lots of people hate these. Yet, they are still using them.

That same table design came in my 2017 Jay Flight 23RB. It was a hateful change from what went before. Sorry to hear they are still using it. I finally took mine out and just store it in the garage. It will go back in the trailer the day we decide to sell it or trade it.

That new design, if it's like it seems to be in the picture would cause me to not buy that particular RV. Sometimes a stupid design item will be enough to veto a particular RV. In this case, that table design is one of them.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:05 AM   #7

Quote:
That same table design came in my 2017 Jay Flight 23RB. It was a hateful change from what went before. Sorry to hear they are still using it. I finally took mine out and just store it in the garage. It will go back in the trailer the day we decide to sell it or trade it.

That new design, if it's like it seems to be in the picture would cause me to not buy that particular RV. Sometimes a stupid design item will be enough to veto a particular RV. In this case, that table design is one of them.
One of my mods was to change out the table legs. We put it outside and shortly after we bought it it got soaked in a storm and swelled the edges.

Then I had a co-worker who does woodworking make me a new table from cedar planks. It's 1/3 the weight of the press wood table and with the spar varnish is pretty much water proof. When we do replace the trailer, the old table is going back in. I'll find a use for this one.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:20 AM   #8

I did a similar modification to my FW and removed the wobbly table with folding legs. This table was useless. My new table is fully adjustable up and down, swivels and pivots for easy access. Comes off in 30 seconds so it can be converted to a sleeper. This was the best mod I've made.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1121.jpg   IMG_1124.jpg   IMG_1091.jpg  
1carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1carguy View Post
I did a similar modification to my FW and removed the wobbly table with folding legs. This table was useless. My new table is fully adjustable up and down, swivels and pivots for easy access. Comes off in 30 seconds so it can be converted to a sleeper. This was the best mod I've made.
Did someone from Jayco steal your mod?
Old 07-18-2019, 10:35 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1carguy View Post
Tell us more about this table bracket, that’s a mod that’s useful to many of us.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:55 PM   #11

I found it
Attached Thumbnails
55BA3E2F-F00C-49B1-9202-797DE83EB672.jpg  
Old 07-18-2019, 08:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Tell us more about this table bracket, that’s a mod that’s useful to many of us.
The bracket was made by Lagun. Found it on the internet. It was originally designed for yachts and then applied to RVs. It was about $175 on Amazon, well made and worked perfect in my RV. In my case, it wasn't an easy job because I had 2 drawers and not enough space to mount the bracket between them so I had to cut down the drawers to allow 4"space for the bracket to mount. Because it bolts to a sliding cabinet I also added supports to beef up the cabinet to support the table. It's very stable, swivels nicely for easy access. When towing, I pivot the table around, drop it down on to a couple of pillows on the cushions and tighten in place or simply remove and stow the table. The old folding leg table was a joke and totally useless. Jayco should make this standard equipment for their L shaped dinettes.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:12 PM   #13

Thanks for that write up and I think I’ll order one for my friends trailer. They hate that terrible table that came with it.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Thanks for that write up and I think I’ll order one for my friends trailer. They hate that terrible table that came with it.
Believe me, your friend won't be sorry.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:09 PM   #15

We use and like our standard folding-leg table. We only use it inside as the dinette. We have never even thought about bringing this heavy monstrosity outside. From the factory it was a big heavy hassle to set up and take down but one of my favorite mods was a table support along the wall. I placed a 1" vertical 2" horizontal 1/8" aluminum L along the wall and anchored it to the front edges of the benches. Now when we lower or raise the legs we simply boost the table with the wall end securely supported by the sturdy L shelf. Really easy and the aluminum bracket hardly shows.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 09:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Sometimes a stupid design item will be enough to veto a particular RV. In this case, that table design is one of them.
Concur totally.
That would be a red flag and deal breaker for me.
Wm.Ince is offline   Reply With Quote