Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-06-2019, 10:16 AM   #61

May be useful for local NON TOWING utility companies, but with the range when towing, I don't see it as a viable RV towing vehicle.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:52 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
May be useful for local NON TOWING utility companies, but with the range when towing, I don't see it as a viable RV towing vehicle.
True today. Might not be an issue 5 or 10 years from now. Here's a little fun with math, not really abou tjust Teslas but EVs in general.

DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 11:21 AM   #63
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet05 View Post
How do you even know that the electric source you are tapping into these days gets its power from a fossil fuel power plant? There are about 60 nuclear power plants in the US and an increasing number of wind turbines adding to the supply. The number of coal plants in the US has deceased greatly over the years: https://www.eia.gov/electricity/annu...epa_04_01.html
Why did you leave out natural gas?

...."Natural gas power stations generate a quarter of world electricity and a significant part of global greenhouse gas emissions and thus global warming."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas-fired_power_plant
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:54 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycojay View Post
He made the mistake of showing a video of it pulling an F150 up a hill...... Momma always told me, let a sleeping dog lie! Once again he doesnt compare apples to apples, and he awoke the sleeping dog. Does he actually believe he can build a better truck than the blue oval.
Some pro mechanics we're talking about that video. They said they would like to see it done with Fords bigger engine and the Ford in 4 wheel drive. The Ford would take it no problem.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:24 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
Why did you leave out natural gas?

...."Natural gas power stations generate a quarter of world electricity and a significant part of global greenhouse gas emissions and thus global warming."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas-fired_power_plant
It wasn't intentional...there are way more ways of producing electricity on a large scale that I realized.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:41 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
The fact is, petro vehicles have lots of space for more efficiency and improvement. When the manufactures are in bed with the oil companies, there's no reason to improve.

If EVs get any foothold in the market, (they're only at 2% NOW), you'll see big changes in fuel efficiency in petro vehicles.

EV's being main stream is still a dream....
I agree with you that EV's being main stream is a long ways off but I don't think fuel efficiency is being hampered by auto manufacturers being in bed with oil companies.
This is completely consumer driven. Consumers want more power, more capability and all at a lower cost. I am sure any of the big automakers could improve on fuel efficiency but there would probably be big trade offs such as cost which consumers won't accept. Most people are green until its time to pay for it. Diesels are more efficient and a lot of people won't pay for it.

Cheers
Old 12-07-2019, 07:51 AM   #67

A very good article on the functionality of the new Tesla truck.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...NUi?li=BBnb4R5
harryjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:03 AM   #68
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryjr View Post
A very good article on the functionality of the new Tesla truck.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...NUi?li=BBnb4R5
Oh my... the thing to keep in mind, this is just another one of Elon's pipe dreams, who knows if it will ever see the light of day or production, yet he's taking fraudulent deposits on it, like many other of his pipe dreams. He's the best Snake Oil salesman in the industry.

He currently has more products in his vaporware cloud then are actually available to be bought:

TSLA’s current cars in production include:
  • Model 3 (ASPs and units are in severe decline, and sales were down -49% y/y in Oct. in its biggest market, the USA)
  • Model X (sales have collapsed in both the US and globally)
  • Model S (same as Model X)
Meanwhile, here are TSLA’s current cars/products not in production:
  • Roadster (unveil was 2yrs ago)
  • Semi (unveil was 2yrs ago)
  • Model Y (TSLA refuses to mention how many pre-orders they’ve received here)
  • Cybertruck ($100 fully-refundable deposits on a car that will likely cost $60K, or 0.167%, is the equivalent of someone putting $1.67 toward an $1,000 i-Phone & apple calling it an order)
  • ATV
  • FSD (to be FSD, TSLA would have had to achieve level 5 autonomy… they’re at level 2)
So… TSLA has more vaporware products (i.e., stuff that doesn’t exist) than real products for sale; and, it’s real products are seeing large negative y/y growth currently.

Oh… and what about E. Musk’s promise that:
  • TSLA would have flying cars (he made this claim 322 days ago),
  • TSLA would create break pads that never need to be replaced (he made this claim 336 days ago),
  • TSLA would have a base on Mars in 2028 (he made this claim 432 days ago),
  • TSLA would have a one hour body shop (this claim happened 437 days ago),
  • he would fix the water in all Flint houses above FDA levels (he made this claim 504 days ago),
  • there would be no more mass layoffs (533 days, and multiple layoffs, ago), etc.?
The point is… each claim he makes is picked up by every media site and taken as “gospel”; so, maybe the media should go to this website (link) and start holding him to some of these claims?
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote