Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-22-2020, 05:48 AM   #1
Fox

New to forum

Have the 2020 Pinnacle 38 FLWS.
Have always owned rigs with only one battery, this is my first RV with Duals.
New to your site old hand at RVing. Interesting reading all of the water leaking issues people were having. On our walk through of the new rig on pick up day, a water puddle at kitchen island, ( interesting thing the tech walking us through dropped a rag on it called it a spill I then heard the pump turn on, and I said nope it’s a leak) It was a compression fitting for 1/4 pipe that feeds the fridge ice maker, and so I believe I have seen the the shut off valve for the fridge behind the panel in that trash bin cupboard the first hour I owned the rig.
I am wondering if I have hooked the second battery up properly, I would think it would be simple. They had all four leads to one battery and I simply took two and applied to the second battery. Is that it? Anyway it seems fine, but a couple of times the batteries on the monitor inside read 11.5 and usually 13.5 am I just being nervous about the second battery?
Additionally I have two dump ports under the coach and I’m not sure why. Everything comes out of the front one. Black, shower and both sinks all appear to exit the same port. I put a bucket under the rear port pulled the lever and I get nothing? What am I missing here.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 06:05 AM   #2

Welcome from York County, South Carolina!

2011 Jayflight X213
2011 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
fochman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 06:27 AM   #3

Welcome to the JOF and congratulations on the new RV.
The two coach batteries should be connected in parallel if they are both 12 volt. Something doesn’t seem right if all the leads were connected to one battery. You cannot simply just lift 2 leads from one battery and connect them to the 2nd battery and hope it’s the correct configuration. There is a correct way to do it and I would suggest you enlist the help of someone who is familiar with battery connections to get it right. Otherwise bad things can happen.
I am not familiar with your RV so I can’t help you with the two dump ports. Most RV’s channel the grey and black into a single port using two separate valves. Hopefully someone with your model can chime in to help you.
Unfortunately your PDI wasn’t as thorough as it needed to be but now that you have it home you can go through everything and learn about all the new stuff. No question is too dumb so don’t be afraid to ask. Enjoy.
Old 08-22-2020, 06:36 AM   #4

Welcome to the site from SW Michigan!

Hope you can get your problems resolved so you can really enjoy it.

2018 Jayco White Hawk 31BH 34'
2004 Surveyor by Forest River 29'
1996 Coachman Catalina 25'
2002 Jayco 12UTD PopUp
TrashMan Videos
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 08:40 AM   #5

Welcome from Wisconsin and enjoy your 2020 Pinnacle 38 FLWS.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 10:32 AM   #6
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State!

If your RV is set up for a washer/dryer, it may have a gray tank for that alone. Just a thought.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 03:14 PM   #7

I was told to run them in parallel but connect the pos cable to one battery and the neg cable to the second. Made sense to me lol.
Pullrite Superglide.
Mikayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 02:16 PM   #8

We have the 2020 Eagle 317 RLOK. Had several issues with leaky plumbing under the sink. From compression fittings to sink drain retaining rings, everything was loose. I was especially intrigued by the search to find the valves to the water and ice maker. One was under the sink behind the drawer in the island and the other on the floor under the range and neither is actually visible once you remove the drawers. Sounds like you've been around enough to understand how things work. Enjoy that great rig! Oh yea, great video on dual batteries on Youtube. I'll try to find the link.
Happy travels
Jakeman is offline   Reply With Quote