Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-07-2021, 08:36 PM   #1

New trailer

This winter we are going to Florida and our trailer is a 2007. It has been rebuilt and the inside is different than when new. We love this Jayco but it may be time for something else.
We are going to Arizona the following the following winter and it would be nice.
The thing that has us holding off. Are trailers being made now have quality problems like we read about? Will the price come down next year? With the surge in RV purchase will the market be flooded with RV’s from people that loose interest and not like the work owning an RV takes. Maintenance has never been talked about. We just keep talking about this and need good information to make up our mind.
campersam9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 12:05 AM   #2
Site Team

Those are all very good questions, but impossible to definitively answer, except the RV quality concern. Personally, we haven't looked into buying a newer or bigger TT, so I can't comment on that level.

We do hear about issues here, but I wonder how many owners don't have so many problems, and are happy with them. It sounds like most issues I hear about are centered around the components the manufacturers are scrambling to purchase in order to complete the builds. The supply chain is severely in chaos, so they have to buy whatever's available to them. Granted, there are build issues we hear about also.

Price? Probably will normalize, but will take longer than a year. Low component availability means higher prices. Companies going out of business means fewer possible sources. Large warehouse stocks of parts, prices start to come down slowly. Having to pay higher wages to get workers gets passed down to us.

Used RVs...maybe. We've got many posts on the JOF saying yes, and no. Good points of view for both sides of the question. Driving by our local small RV dealer, and his stock is increasing. He was down to 5 trailers at one point. Now I see about 15. No idea if they're new or used without stopping in. They might just be there for service, or winterizing.

And maintenance has its own forum here. It actually started back in September 2011. Tons of good information on it.

So I guess the short answer to your questions is...maybe. I wish it was more than that, but no one can know what the future will bring us. Hopefully something positive.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 07:33 AM   #3

I agree with other poster that in the big scheme of life the people who never have problems never complain so you never see them. We have a 2020 and have had only one problem and again it was the component not the construction of the unit.

I have to wondered how the market will end up as one time you hear that there will be a glut, then you hear that there will not be a glut the crystal ball is fuzzy
Jolvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 07:38 AM   #4

We've owned a few older campers but this year we bought a new Jayco. Zero problems, it's perfect. We purchased from a great dealer and we are happy with the price we paid. We'd do it again... even if the price was higher and the dealer was not as good!

I suspect most people who post in this forum have some questions or they're having problems and I'm confident our forum is helpful. Your experience with a new camper could be more like most people; you're all having too much fun... with no need to post onto our website... except to try and help others.

Sharon and I are currently in New Hampshire but next month we begin our travel south to escape the winter. Maybe we'll see you in Florida.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 01:05 PM   #5

I would say that our 2021 North Point had more quality issues than our 2017 Eagle 5th wheel did. Nothing major - mostly sloppy workmanship, hinges falling off doors, inoperative spray port, issue with the microwave, no radio reception, slow draining tanks, intermittent slide control errors, things like that. (The list was 18 items long)

That said, our dealer has been extremely receptive to our concerns. The NP is there now, getting all issues taken care of prior to our January trip to Florida.

All RVs are going to have issues here and there, how the dealer handles things is the difference. We have always used family owned dealerships, I don't see us ever doing any different.
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 07:28 PM   #6

We would only purchase Jayco and we have a dealer near us that is not very good. They put holes in our roof and made black marks all over. What a mistake having them replace the ac on warranty.
Your dealer is someone you trust. A good dealer that preformed good work. Unfortunately we don’t have either.
campersam9 is offline   Reply With Quote